Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:25 pm
I've just about thawed out after last week's ride. Plan to be out on Sat.

Propose: out via New Earswick-Strensall- Sheriff-Bulmer-Coneythorpe-Terrington-Whenby-Brandsby-Crayke-Coxwald-Ampleforth-Gilling East - then homeward bound which ever circuitous route we care to choose :)

or....if there is only a small select group that pitches up happy to go with any other options put forward :D

See you at the Square for 9.00
by Cam B Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:08 pm
We started with 7 initially. Early puncture for Ed before we'd even reached the ring road unfortunately. After some assistance from the fellas we had passed at the Bus shelter a little earlier we got going again as one big group. We bid farewell to Ally K, Phil G at al before Sheriff (Ed clearly feeing morally obligated to go with them after their assistance with the puncture repair :wink: ). Didn't do the planned route as we diverted at Terrington. A much better route really than the one I had in mind...so thanks to Nick for leading the way. We packed a lot in on the 3 hour ride with a good few lumpy bits including Bulmer, Hovingham etc. We headed for Easingwold and made our way back via Tollerton. Mucky bikes all round and warmest December day I can remember. So much nicer than last week :). Really enjoyed the ride today. Thanks to Nick, Mart, Jess and Rich for the company. Won't be getting out next Saturday....Have a good one and see you in a couple of weeks :D
by Jess Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:53 pm
62 miles for me, including the ride in. Tough ride but I managed to hold off the attacks so we kept it together on the hills :!:

Thanks for a good ride guys -
I enjoyed the route.

Ed, you were missed but 2 punctures in that short a time wasn't going to end well...