Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:00 pm
I am planning to get out.

It's "deja vu" all over again! :? Assuming we don't get a large number in the Square...propose:

Out via Stockton on Forest to Buttercrambe/right after bridge /head to Pocklington/head to and up Givendale/cross A166/Birdsall/Malton/back to York via Warthill/Murton

Should be a 3 hr ride or so. In summary: flattish for the first bit, a b*****y great hill in the middle with some lumpy stuff on the way back. :D
No high winds forecast this week but it looks like it will be somewhat...ahem...damp.

9.00 in the Square
by Sharpy Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:35 am
Actually I will meet you on the road, might as well start from my house and meet up somewhere around buttercrambe.

Cheers
Sharpy
by Sharpy Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:19 pm
Basically spamming it up today!

Given the weather forecast, might be worth making sure folk have lights as it could be a bit gloomy.

Looks wet and a bit cold but very little wind, so ideal training weather! :lol:

Cheers
Sharpy
by mart66 Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:07 pm
Looks like 'epic' weather.

Oh well, I guess this is why we spend so much money on waterproof clothing.

See you in the square.
by Sharpy Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:41 pm
Thanks to Rich, Andy, Cam and Mart for the company this morning, horrendous riding conditions, I was so cold at one point I thought I was in trouble, hard to speak, hands frozen, feet frozen but good miles in the bag.

Avg speed 18.5 mph, NP 246w more importantly Avg temp 0 degs!!!

Cheers

Sharpy

PS bigger flaps needed all round :wink:
by Cam B Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:31 pm
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrThat was a cold one! Everyone agreed it was a good route.......for a summer ride :( My initial smugness at my relatively dry hands with my neoprene gloves soon evapoarted as the cold got thru eventually. I know it was only 3 hrs or so but I can't remember being more cold and miserable on a ride..particularly in that last hour and a half. Mart's hands were so cold he had to stop and dismount just to change gear. Thanks for the company though...I think I probably would have just curled up in a ditch and sobbed quietly if I'd been on my own. Roll on next week :D
by mart66 Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:06 pm
That was painful. This is probably the first training ride that I've actually regretted!

No slight on the company. Well done guys for keeping the spirits up. Well, until everyone's lips and jaws got so cold that no one could speak, that is.

I was in a bit of trouble for the last 15 miles or so. So thanks to Cam and Windy for dragging me home.

I'll have convinced myself that this wasn't too bad come next Saturday. See you there!

Martin