Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:44 pm
Acceding to the cries of "More hills please" note proposed new(ish) route ( for the training rides anyway). People who have done the Clifton Reliability ride will recognise it up to the deviation after Hovingham. A few lumps in this. What goes up has to come down so please take care on the descents after Nunnington and down Bulmer Bank in particular.

Head up Wigginton Road to Sutton on the Forest - Huby - Crayke - Oulston - Coxwold - Wass - Ampleforth - Sproxton - Helmsley - Wombleton - Nunnington - Hovingham - Slingsby Bank - Castle Howard - Bulmer - Sherriff Hutton - Strensall - York.

Should be 3 hours or thereabouts. A good steady ride again - with all getting turns at the front - would be good.

Forecast looks pretty good for Saturday at the mo....Well... it will be dry(ish) anyway and around 11-13 degrees

9.00 at Exhibition Square :)
by mart66 Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:29 am
Sounds good.

I was round that way a couple of weeks ago and the roads were absolutely filthy. Heed Cam's warning on the descents.

Cheers
by Cam B Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:16 pm
Oh dear....sorry about this but family stuff will prevent me getting out on the training ride tomorrow. Hope one of the regulars can perhaps post something here about any ride tomorrow. Hopefully see you next week :)
by RichardD Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:37 pm
I am intending to be out for a ride saturday am and will be in the square at 9am. Was planning on doing a route that includes some longer (but gentle) hills and avoiding too many muddy lanes (at least they weren't last week). Anyone welcome to join me. Should be a 3 hour ride. The route is roughly elvington-melbourne-hayton-nunburnholme-warter-huggate-millington-great givendale-bishop wilton-gowthorpe-stanford bridge-stockton on the forrest.