Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PeteN Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:40 pm
Anyone out tomorrow?
by PeteN Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:33 pm
With the conclusion of the Tour de France today, the training ride decided to pay homage to that. todays stage was the route to Malton and back, with the addition of a detour via Brandsby.
We set up an early breakaway of 3 riders -it wasn't difficult to get away from the peloton as there was no peloton! the 3 worked well as a group as we powered along over the Cote de Gally gap and on to Malton. I was unhitched from the group up the Col de Malton, but caught the others on the decent into town despite being the worlds worst decender. we all had a go at some Froome impersonating -elbows out, head slightly off to the right, nodding and pedalling at 120 rpm, but none of us could keep it up for long.
Prizes for the day went to:
Nick -Polka dot for best climber
Cam -super combative
Me -best dressed rider
Roll on an afternoon in front of the tele...
by Cam B Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:57 pm
Pete....I think you win the prize for the best Chris Froome impersonation :) . It was the slight tilt of the head that did it I think....Stick on Wiggo sideburns is so 2012....I await delivery of my "Frommey prosthetic elbows" (limited tdf edition) from Amazon (not for the under 4s though...."You could take someone's eye out with those pointy things") which I will be sporting next time!

Won't be out for the next week or two. A lot of people are racing or on holiday at the mo. so I guess that's why the training rides haven't been quite so apparent in recent weeks. We get a lot more people out from mid October when everyone starts preparing for next season. But.... If any of the regulars or anyone else are planning to get out on the training rides over the remainder of the summer please consider posting something here if you fancy some company. We normally have about 4 established routes (which we can review at the end of the season) but the summer generally sees a bit more creativity as to where we go.Today was a really good training ride. Impersonations aside, we packed a fair bit in over 3 hours: a brisk pace early on with a few lumps thrown in and we managed some pretty tidy thru and off at the finish :D