Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm
Okay, it's been an eventful week so...

Craig:- if you're happy to pilot your unloved-but-worth-its-weight-in-gold Yaris round as broomwagon after the vets (easiest of the driving jobs as you only have to look in one direction!), we now have:-

Drivers:- Muzzy, Max, Dave C, Craig - so we're sorted there!
Marshals:- Paul W, Mart66, Pete Hook & his dad, and Dave I'Anson - so I need just one more marshal
Kitchen crew:- Cath and Cam

As has been mentioned many times, you'll get Your Bike Shed afternoon tea for two vouchers, plus that warm glow of pride of being part of what is now a much-loved regular event on the veterans' calendar. Plus it's great fun, and you get to see what you might be up to in your sixties (if you're not already there, Dave :wink: )
by PhilBixby Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:08 pm
Okay - many thanks to the team of volunteers for tomorrow morning's club vets race. All is sorted and with 80-odd entries we should have good racing.

I'll be at Sheriff Hutton village hall (the event HQ) from 8:00 onwards. Signing-on starts at 9:00, race starts at 10:00. Please can we have the drivers there by 9:00ish to give time for a quick briefing and to get signs/flashing lights etc fitted.

Please can we have marshals there by 9:15ish in order to get you paired up with the Traffic Management professionals and off out to your various locations.

If one or two people can turn up early-ish (8:00-8:30ish) with a car then you could greatly assist by putting out the road signage - I'll have maps and charts, it's simple stuff.

Realistically I'd expect the last of the finishers to be across the line by 12:30 and I'll make sure the driver of the broomwagon (that'll be Craig!) tells marshals when the last lap is underway, so you can pack in and head for HQ where there will, thanks to Cath, be food!

I know you're all grown-ups but I'll say it anyway - come prepared to be outdoors for a few hours - the Met Office has big grey clouds and a few raindrops lined up for tomorrow morning, so please make sure you're prepared.
by PhilBixby Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:24 am
I'd like to give a really big "Thank You" to everyone who helped out at yesterday morning's club veterans race - drivers Muzzy, Max (and son), Dave Cook and Craig, marshals Pete Hook and his dad, Paul W, Martin, Dave I'Anson, and Graham M, perennial local event supporter Mel and family at the start and finish, Dr.Dave for camerawork at the finish, and Cath M for conjuring up industrial quantities of food and feeding everyone. Plus Cam for helping in the kitchen all morning and to everyone who stuck around afterwards to leave the hall spotless.

Despite the unpromising weather it all went really well, and was much appreciated by all the riders. Emails are rolling in - here's a sample:- "Thanks for today. It's always a shock to the system road racing, its one of those sports I really do wish I'd not started in my 50's but sooner. Anyhow, great event, great marshalling great organisation so thank you very much."

..and... "Just a quick e mail to say many thanks for organising the event on Sunday and if you get the opportunity please pass my thanks on to all involved. I know it was appreciated by all the riders"

...and... "Thanks again for yesterday, I’ve not ridden many events over the last couple of seasons and I really enjoyed it."

...and... "Just a quick note to thank you and your team for a great event. My first LVRC and certainly got a taste for it. Excellent standard of riding and etiquette within the bunch. Look forward to more in the future!"

...and... "Loved the race. A really good circuit and a nice mix of organization and chaotic bids from the group. I'll definitely be scanning for more LVRC events."

So once again - thanks everyone.
by mart66 Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:09 pm
Yup - well done everyone. Sounds like it all went well (couldn't stay for the BC as only had a morning pass).

Good racing in the vets' race and what a polite bunch! Being thanked as they came through was quite a welcome experience.

Fabulous result from Damian to nab third. The third man in the breakaway was caught just as you got to Moxby Lane on the last lap, by the way.

The other guy with JAmie Sharp was Shaun Tyson I think. He's a bit of a hitter on the NE scene. Not bad sharing a podium with those two.

Cheers

Martin
by Paul W Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:29 pm
A big well done to the Clifton riders. Always a show of red shirts heading the front of the groups. For all of you that use Facebook. Iv put a few photos from the day's racing on the Clifton fb page.