Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Fri May 22, 2015 5:04 am
Hi All

I intend to be out tomorrow.

I have enjoyed the last few rides on some new routes. It would be really good if we could end with a couple of laps of Stillington/sheriff as Thursday's race is on that circuit.

Cheers

Martin
by mart66 Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 pm
Scratch the above....

Thursday's race is on the Bulmer circuit. Be good to do a couple of laps of that on Saturday.

Not sure I'll be saying that it's 'good' come Saturday...

Cheers
by AndyM Fri May 22, 2015 12:48 pm
Think you were right the first time Martin :D The race is on the Sheriff/Stillington circuit, but there is a club time trial on the Bulmer circuit that same evening.
by DamianE Fri May 22, 2015 2:04 pm
I pray it's not Bulmer. I'm out tomorrow anyway. First ride in 3 weeks, could be hard work...
by mart66 Fri May 22, 2015 2:13 pm
I confirmed with Jonny from Albarosa and Rich Houghton after seeing the thread in the 'general' section.

The race is on Bulmer! I think the TT is being re-arranged.

I might cancel this evening's ride home - save the legs!!
by DamianE Fri May 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Ok c@ck. we need to ride round it then. I'm going to squeal like a piggy. :P
by Sharpy Fri May 22, 2015 2:33 pm
Does anyone have a map of the Bulmer circuit, not one I have ever race on before.

But it should split the pack up a bit!

Cheers

Sharpy
by Paul W Fri May 22, 2015 5:53 pm
If I'm correct, the bulmer circuit is up bulmer bank. Left to ganthorpe.through Terrington.left down Terrington bank through to sherriff Hutton, then left at mini roundabout
by Sharpy Fri May 22, 2015 6:23 pm
Cheers Paul... Thats what I feared. That's going to be interesting.
by mart66 Sat May 23, 2015 8:11 pm
I think all who were out on the training ride today can confirm that it is absolutely horrid.
by DamianE Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 pm
I second that. By the end of the first lap it will be a time trail anyway, it will be in bits. I have no idea how I ever did 80 mile races round there. Different lifetime. Going to be carnage on Thursday.
by Sharpy Mon May 25, 2015 12:03 pm
Well my plans for the race are the same.. Either way it will be a brutal effort. Looking forward to it.

Sharpy
by paulM Wed May 27, 2015 10:52 pm
Try 9 laps!!
Its the best road race course in the country - we only stopped using it so the vets didn't have a coronary! Five big efforts every lap and a bit of a sort out but probably not as hard as you are all making it out to be. At least not all the riders arrive at the finish at the same time. So am I right in thinking a Leeds club is organising an event at York which has messed up another of our club events and we are organising an event near Leeds - seems a bit odd?