Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Fri May 15, 2015 7:25 am
Well, I think that was the first time I've done a 27mph+ 3rds/4ths race... ...as is always the case, the flat Kelfield circuit was constantly quick. A few people (including, inevitably, Sharpy; the combined forces of JohnS and Max had a good go at it too) got off the front for a while but there were a lot of people keeping the speed high at the front and it kept coming back together. Some of the cornering was a bit loose and two riders took to the dirt on the corner before the finish straight, but generally it was well-behaved. It was, once again, a full-road-width forty-rider sprint, which I sat up and watched from just behind (just in case they all fell off and there were points to be had) but great fun throughout - despite being b****y cold - nine degrees? It's only a month until midsummer!

27.1mph ave, 231W NP.
by Sharpy Tue May 19, 2015 12:33 pm
Yep, another good race on another flat circuit.

Sticking to a new race plan I was on the attack for most of the race, at one point I thought it might just happen but alas the chasing pack is cruel and was soon back on my wheel. Good to see Clifton riders in numbers and looking in good form as well!

On the last lap I tried to get an early jump and solo to the line but the pack was on to me and soon I was just a lead out man for everyone else, I started my sprint early hoping to break to tow but ended up just breaking myself. I finished with a seated effort to pick up 9th place just behind JohnS in 8th.

Another cracking race, very fast paced, looking forward to more of the same and some lumps in just over a weeks time,

Cheers
Sharpy