Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by RichT Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:54 pm
The online entry for this event went live today! 60 places on a first come first served basis.

To enable the event to take place I'll need assistance with the following roles :

4 Drivers
4 Marshalls
2 Sign on/finish line helpers

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can help. Drivers need to be BC members and an amount will be paid to cover petrol costs.

Either post here or send me a pm.
Thanks

Rich
by PhilBixby Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:57 pm
I've entered this one but will drive/marshal/whatever the Saxton event, since I like flat circuits and dislike Saxton! But for all ye who mock Bishopwood for being dull.... ....get your hands up and volunteer, folks. :D
by RichT Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:04 pm
Phil - hopefully you'll be in the points this year?!

Dave - Thanks!

Btw. To all those thinking about helping out. This year each helper will be given a voucher for afternoon tea for two at Your Shed Bike. There are now only 9 volunteers required so get your name down quick and make sure you don't miss out!
by DamianE Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:19 pm
So my choices are; race and get sweaty then complain about not being brave enough for a bunch sprint. Or, sit in a car and then get a free wife's birthday present?

I'll drive.
by Sharpy Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:12 am
I will be racing... looking forward to it, it was a good race last year, although this year I need to make sure I start my sprint at the right point and not a mile from the end....
by RichT Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:34 pm
Thanks to everyone who has already offered to help!

The race is now fully booked but we still need more helpers.

Still required are:
1 driver
4 marshals
2 to help with sign/ finish line.
Don't forget you'll be given a voucher for afternoon tea for 2 at Your Bike Shed in return for your assistance.

Please post here or pm me if you can help.

Cheers
Rich
by RichT Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:08 am
Thanks for all the additional offers to help with this event. There are two weeks to go and I'm still looking for the following:
1 x driver
1 x marshall
2 x sign on/finish.

It's really important I get a driver ASAP as I need to fill in various BC forms some time before the event.

Don't forget the incentives being offered this year to reward those who volunteer.

Cheers

Rich
by RichT Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:41 am
Thanks Reuben!

So far I have the following people who have kindly volunteered to help:
Drivers
Dave C
Damien
Melly
Reuben

Marshals
Craig
Martin
Tim.

For the event to go ahead I still need the following helpers:
1 x Marshal
2 x Sign on/Finish line

You don't need any previous experience to do the tasks and marshals in most cases will be paired up with a professional from the traffic management company.

If you're unsure and would like to have a chat about what's involved pm me your number.

Thanks

Rich