Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by RichT Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:16 am
Thanks Richard!

I sent a pm to the drivers asking for details for the BC insurance form. Only one response so far but if you could get back to me sometime today that would be great.
Sign on starts at jubilee hall, Wistow around 18.00.

Richard D if you could be there around that time and everyone else before 6.30 please.
Tim sent you a pm a couple of weeks ago but it's still unread. Possibly the pm system isn't working so could you confirm you're still ok to help?

Thanks

Rich
by RichT Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 pm
Does anyone have contact numbers for Melly and Tim J? Not sure how often they check the forum. Melly has offered to drive so urgently need some details from him to send to BC tomorrow! If someone could drop them a text or something that would be great.
by RichT Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:16 am
One of the drivers for the race has had to pull out so I'm now one driver short of the minimum required to run the event! Can anyone step in to help out with this role? You'll get money to cover petrol and voucher for afternoon tea for 2 at Your Bike Shed.
For insurance purposes I need to advise BC of driver details this evening.
Please let me know if you are able to help. Drivers need to be BC members.
by mart66 Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:01 pm
Hi Rich

I can drive rather than Marshall. Probably easier to get another Marshall in on the night.

Let me know ASAP as I'll need to drive rather than cycle to work.

Cheers
by reubenbarrett Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:06 pm
Sorry all, it was me that pulled out at last minute. One of my wife's best friends was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the weekend and she is going to see her tomorrow night and I am looking after the kids. Thanks Marty for stepping in.
by RichT Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 pm
Martin

Thanks for the offer. Tim has offered to drive so all sorted now. Sorry I've just not had time to update the forum.

Cheers
by Sharpy Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm
Cheers for tonight chaps, well organised as has come to be expected from Clifton.

Enjoyed the racing... finished stone dead last! :lol:

Cheers

Sharpy
by RichT Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:16 pm
Thanks to everyone who helped out with the race tonight. I think everything went well from our perspective but just a shame some riders had to be disqualified!

I've just received an email from Julie Rodman asking me to pass on her thanks to all the helpers. She now has video footage of the finish so hopefully this will help them finalise the top ten.
by PhilBixby Fri May 01, 2015 5:52 am
Full marks to Rich and the team of marshals and drivers last night - a well-run event. Thanks also to Julie Rodman for the customarily stern b******ing and for having the nerve to disqualify the winner! :D

As is often the case at Bishopwood, it stuck together pretty much throughout and at a pretty brisk pace - race average was just under 25.5mph and a couple of laps where it strung out were a fair bit faster - someone was obviously working hard up front (Probably Sharpy). I was comfortable enough (my big-base-miles winter has done crazy things to my heartrate which averaged just over 140bpm for the duration) but knew having a go off the front was futile. I drifted my way through to about eighth wheel after the S-Bends on the last lap but lacked the elbows, nerve, insanity or call it what you will to stay there on the crush to the final corner and the full-width-of-road fifty-rider sprint.

Good fun though. 242W NP. Oh, and since I keep getting asked, the best place to buy That Helmet is http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=2233! :wink:
by craigdabrown Fri May 01, 2015 6:40 am
Yes, well done to RichT for the organisation and to all the Clifton riders who participated and Club members who marshalled. Pity that Julie had to give some riders a talking to again but that didn't seem to detract from the success of the event or the racing itself.

Can't wait to turn up at a "K" Ride on a Saturday with one of those helmets Phil, do your heart-rate and wattage figures get flashed up on the visor? ;-)

Just one final plea about volunteering to help with Club events. We have around 400 members but it's always the same people who organise and assist. Please watch out for requests to volunteer over the season and if you're not riding or competing then stick your name down to help out.

Thanks,

Craig
by PhilBixby Fri May 01, 2015 9:11 am
"Phil, do your heart-rate and wattage figures get flashed up on the visor?"

No - but being able to wear my specs under it mean I stand a chance of being able to read 'em on the box of tricks on the bars! :D
by Sharpy Fri May 01, 2015 9:35 am
Don't know about anyone else but i am a shell today... that really drained me last night. Now proceeding to eat my body weight in "recovery food"... and excuse.