Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by nigelt Fri May 01, 2015 12:11 pm
As everyone else has said, great race last night, I really enjoyed it. Good to see so many Clifton jerseys in the mix, even though I've opted for the acid-fuelled colours of Cycleworks this year! Thanks to Rich and the gang for the usual seamless organisation- the race felt very safe last night, notwithstanding the Commissaires' mid-race 'chat' with us all!

A great start to the evening league. looking forward to seeing you all at the next round...
by Cam B Sat May 02, 2015 7:27 am
Yes... cracking 1st race in the series put on by Rich T & Sons and the rest of the crew. I was lucky enough to actually ride in it along with Max, Phil and the 2 Johns. Barely got clipped in at the start when saw Sharpy disappearing up the road. Took the bunch best part of a lap before they caught him and then he went off again...incredible! As noted we got a a bit of a breather halfway round. Hats off to the Commy (Julie). Must take a bit of nerve to "have a word" with 60 ugly, disgruntled blokes. No Clifton riders were cited as transgressing the rules though...as far as I know! Far too many riders fancied the sprint and I don't think any of us made the points. What do the pros say about Milan San Remo: "One the easiest races to finish but the hardest to win"...A bit like racing on this circuit....Ok...not really :? Good fun though :)