Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by DamianE Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:26 am
Hi, I've had my entry denied for both BBM and for Seacroft during the last few days. Has anyone else had better luck?! I've also not made the Hull Thursday one but I've asked nicely and might get in. So of 4 races entered, I'm definitely not in 2 and might be in another with one to decide. Not a great incentive to enter more. :evil: Am I just unlucky or are there really hundreds of people trying to get in these events?
by mart66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 pm
I was denied entry to the BBM one. A blessing I think.

I had a quick look at the entrants - it's a pretty strong field. My meagre two points from last year obviously didn't cut it.
by Cam B Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:23 pm
I didn't enter BBM but have been accepted for Seacroft's 3/4s. I've been trying for a few years to get into this. They obviously took pity on me for accumulating big fat zero points last season :)
by RichardD Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:55 pm
BBM and particularly Seacroft 34 have been very popular in the past and oversubscribed. In the last couple of years several of us have had race entries turned down. Having said that there always seem to be some EOL on the day. I think part of the issue is that everybody is super keen early in the year and these two races are on pan flat courses. There is plenty of racing to be had after March! I did not enter either of these this year but will be doing the Hull Thursday race. Hope you get in.
by Sharpy Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:54 am
I have yet to enter any road races yet... i will be shortly.

That said I had this issue last year with a number of my early season races being denied, which turned out to be no bad thing as I was knocked off my bike.

I think there are just a lot of really keen people, the sport is more popular than ever and that has an impact on entrants.

I am looking forward to the NYERRL and the Crits, will be hoping to get rides... Failing that I will be carrying on with Time Trials and CX!
by DamianE Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:01 am
Ive now entered the 2/3/4 for Seacroft as the organiser said there was space. Non of the NYERRL are online yet are they? Might do some summer cross actually, getting a new winter bike with discs that I could probably press into service there.
by JohnS Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:06 am
I've had my entry returned for the Seacroft 3/4 as well. Thought I might get in as I managed it last year, but no joy. Not sure whether I'm disappointed or not! It's quite a nice opener as not too demanding but not sure I want to do 11 laps of Bishopwood in the 2/3/4! Guess I need to make a decision ASAP.

What races has everyone lined up. NYERRL definitely when they get up for me. Also probably the Chevin evening series. Should look at a few of the York Crits as well as there seems to be plenty of these.

John
by mart66 Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:21 pm
I've tried to enter most of the 'first come, first served' weekend races.

I've been searching for North East races too. Applied for one that looks good at Stokesley.

I only raced 10 times last year so I'm trying to do a few more.

Might give those 3/4s circuit races ago. There are loads of races at the circuit but it's not really my thing. I'm a bit worried that it'll end up like Teesside where all they do is ride round Croft or Prissick.
by PhilBixby Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:44 pm
I've got a ride in Seacroft Wheelers. It's usually oversubscribed by 100% and the organiser has previously given us as a club the option to choose which members got to ride, although I think this year lack of time means he's had to take things in hand himself. There are simply more and more people wanting to race - it'll only become less of an issue when more clubs, and more individuals in those clubs, take responsibility and organise events.

Anyone put their hand up yet to take on the NYERRL event which Mart has had to bail out of? :wink:
by mart66 Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:48 pm
We've got that sorted now, Phil.

I've done the website setup stuff and booked venue. Cam is going to run it on the night.

Im sure we'll have lots of willing marshalls and drivers once the request goes out :D
by reubenbarrett Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33 pm
You boys need to join the cyclo-cross fraternity. Rock hard racing, no problems with getting an entry and a really good atmosphere!

Rich Sharp doing amazingly well, came second in last week's Cliff Pratt race over in Hull.