Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Fri May 29, 2015 5:26 am
Good news. Thanks guys.

So we now have:
3 drivers - Ross, Phil, Melly
1 Marshal - Graham

Needed: 1 more driver and at least 4 more marshal/helpers.

Come on guys - we can do it!
by Cam B Fri May 29, 2015 8:13 am
Martin has put a lot of work in getting this race on the calendar and entries are coming in fast. We have probably suffered here because the Clifton RR day is on the following Sunday and I am wondering if this has stretched our reliable pool of volunteers to breaking point. One to think about for next season. Big thanks to everyone who have offered so far but if you are thinking about volunteering let us know now and don't leave it until the last minute. As said before Martin won't be able to make it on the night as the official Organiser...that will be me and I was looking forward to another cracking Clifton cycling event :D . I think we are going to have set a deadline of 8 days (by 17th June) before the event date (on Thu 25th June) to fill those gaps. If not I think we will have to cancel the event. It's only fair to the riders who have entered the race so they can make other plans. The start sheet (sent to the riders) would normally go out a week before.

Form an orderly queue please :D
by Sharpy Fri May 29, 2015 8:25 am
I know its probably not the done thing but if we are genuinely struggling to get helpers would we be willing to open it up to wider support? I know that most would rather the event went ahead so asking some of the other teams for a bit of support could ensure the events goes ahead.

Just a thought,

Cheers
Sharpy
by Dr Dave Fri May 29, 2015 10:45 am
Also worth noting that the RR series takes place on a Thursday - the same evening as Clifton's Spoco TT series. Thus the available pool of volunteers is reduced by members either riding or supporting the TTs........

Keep pedalling!
by JohnS Sat May 30, 2015 12:34 pm
Cam

It would be awful if we were the only Club in the series to drop the ball and have to cancel. I don't know how many Clifton riders are down to ride (I know I am), but as a last resort maybe we might have to help out rather than ride? It's not for me to tell anyone what to do, but just a suggestion.

If you still need a driver I'll give up my ride to drive on the night. I'd rather ride, but equally for the good of the series I'd rather see the event go ahead. If you can get another volunteer great, but otherwise I'll drive.

Hope that may help.

Best regards

John
by PhilBixby Sat May 30, 2015 12:40 pm
I'll just add my usual posting to the heap - come on folks! As others have noted, with the SPOCO on the same night and the RR Day the following Sunday I appreciate it's not perfect timing and next year could be different. But... ...this year's all set up and confirmed and once that week is over you'll not get asked to help out at anything for the rest of the year. Let's get this event covered - other clubs seem to manage!
by MaxW Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:43 pm
Gents,

I'm also willing to give up my ride on the night to help out in whatever capacity is required to enable this event go ahead as planned.

Cheers,
Max
by Cam B Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:47 pm
Thanks Max and John. We’ll take you up on your offer. If any other Clifton racers planning to have a go at this but would like to volunteer instead that would be appreciated....or perhaps you could nominate a relative or a friend? Would rather ask you to do this than go cap in hand to other clubs. After all... they have their own events to host

As if anyone needs reminding...This is a great opportunity to get involved in British Cycling at the grass roots level ....and you also get a Your Bike Shed ‘tea for two’ voucher for your troubles.We will also give the drivers some money for petrol.

Signing in: Any or all of below!!

We need 4 Drivers and we have :
Melly
John S
Phil B
Ross B (Ross....Are you a BC member? (see below)...if not I could drive and you can marshall?)

So we’re ok there

If all drivers could please PM me their full name, DOB, BC License Number, car make and model and car registration number. (For those who don’t know you have to be a BC member to drive in these events that are overseen by the BC)

We need a minimum of 5 Marshalls...ideally 6. So far we have:
Max
Graham
Ross B (if not driving)
AN Other
AN Other

Finish
We need 2 at the finish
Graham - (if he can get back from his marshalling post as he suggests!)
AN Other

So we need 3 more....After 28 June we won’t be hassling you ...oooh ...for a good 9 months :D
by mart66 Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:59 am
Cheers to all that have volunteered so far.

Entry closes at the end of this week, so it's getting pretty close to race night.

Only 3 more needed! Last big push. Just think of that lovely coffee and cake you can enjoy whilst watching a stage of the criterium du dauphine on the big screen!
by Cam B Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:59 am
Thanks to John S, for not only giving up his ride to help out, but also garnering the services of his son and friend to help out too. So..... we need one more and and we're there :D . Come on...we can do this! It's been a great Series so far and - when I'm not falling off my bike - I've really enjoyed it :D
I am never going to tire of saying this but, aside from it being great fun and knowing that you have put something back into cycling, etc, etc., you also get a 'tea for two' voucher for Your Bike Shed....You can plonk yourself down in front of the big screen and watch a stage of the TdF drinking a latte and eating flapjack with a mate.....Not that I want to plan your social life or anything....just giving an example of what you could do :wink: