Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm
Hi All

You'll probably all know that Clifton organise two races on Thursday nights as part of the NYERRL.

I ran one last year and said I'd do the same this time around. Unfortunately, due to family matters, I'm no longer able to run the above race.

So... we could really do with someone stepping up and organising. It's still 4 months away - so plenty of time. Course has been chosen: Saxton.

I can set the race up on the BC website as I can use last year's as a basic template, if that would help.

It's not that hard really. I can help out with things pre-race but can't be there race day.

Probably a good opportunity to use this thread to request helpers, drivers too.

Looking forward to lots of replies :D

Martin
by mart66 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:53 pm
Cheers Phil - you beat me to it.

Cam has stepped up to run this on the night. It should be up on the BC site soon.

As per Richie's earlier post - we are going to need:

4 drivers
4 marshalls
2 or so to do start and finish

Please reply to this message or PM

Many thanks

Martin
by GrahamMartin Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:57 pm
I shall most likely by up for finish line/marshalling - if I can do the junction after the finish, then ride back to the finish in the last lap, it'll make for better reporting on the series website. Curious as to how this circuit got picked - are we done with using Wheldrake?
by mart66 Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:11 am
As per Richie's post in the thread for his race... you also get a tea for two voucher if you can help out with this one.

Time it well and you can treat your other half to a romantic afternoon tea whilst watching a stage of the Tour (or the Dauphine/tour du Suisse if you can't wait that long).

Oh...and you can congratulate yourself on becoming a valuable member of the local road racing community too!

Cheers

Martin
by mart66 Wed May 20, 2015 7:16 pm
Ok - we're not doing great so far with this one.

So far I have:

Driver - Phil B
Marshall - Graham M

And...that's it!

Melly, I presume you're unable to drive judging by recent posts.

So come on guys - it'll be a lovely summer's evening and you'll have great fun. You even get a voucher for The Bike Shed as a reward.

Hope to here from a few more of you soon.

Cheers

Martin
by dave c Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 pm
Hi Marty

I am organising SPOCO on Thursday 25 June which I assume is the date of the race, not 26th. Would drive if not already busy.

Cheers

Dave
by mart66 Tue May 26, 2015 8:30 pm
Ok - it looks like we are struggling a bit with this one.

Please consider helping out or there is a real possibility that we may have to cancel.

Cheers
by Melly Wed May 27, 2015 5:59 pm
Mart66, after further clarification, BC have changed their minds so im available if required !!
Melly