Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:54 pm
Mike from the 8:45rs has already checked forecast for Saturday: "Weather looks grey, but not freezing for Saturday" Thanks Mike! So.....weather (ice, snow, slush, high winds ...specifically) permitting shall we head West on Saturday:

York, Appleton Roebuck, Tadcaster, Bramham, Thorner, Barwick, Aberford, Sherburn, Cawood, and back to York (perhaps with an anti- clockwise loop of the Saxton RR circuit en route).

Meet at Square for 9.00. Check here for last minute changes or we can ‘call’ it in the Square if we’re not sure on the morning
by Cam B Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:56 pm
14 or so in the square. We split the groups into two. It’s been a long mucky winter so far and there was much crunching of gears and a couple of chain mishaps which affirmed this. I had a pratfall up the hill heading towards Thorner when chain slipped. Only a few grazes, sore ribs and a squashed banana. Lucky not to bring anyone else down. I’ve changed the chain so will see how that works out. Some solid/strong riding all round. We managed a lap of Saxton circuit and was a reminder of what a tough little circuit this is. Looking forward to Clifton’s NYERRL fixture here in the Summer. Chains were stretched in a different way when we spotted the 2nd group heading toward Stillingfleet. Like dogs pursuing a stick we headed in pursuit. A bit of free form thru and off and the odd attack made the last few miles good fun and a little reminder to the legs of what fast/hard riding feels like ....Oh.. and Ed definitely won :)
by mart66 Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:54 pm
Yep, good ride yesterday.

There were definitely some clunks, clicks and squeaks out there. Not the smooth whir of the pro peloton, that's for sure.

Some tough sections - I'm sure Ed was actually trying to kill me on the Saxton loop.

It all went a bit crazy at the end and I took the opportunity to 'sit in'. That was until Max came steaming past and I managed to get on his wheel. It was like being tied to the back of a train!

See you all next week (weather permitting).