Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by MaxW Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 pm
Phil,

I can help out at the LVRC event....preferably in a sedentary role (e.g. driving) which best saves the legs for the kicking I will no doubt receive in the afternoon's BC race.

Cheers,
Max
by PhilBixby Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:56 pm
Excellent stuff! I've now got:-

Drivers:- Muzzy, Max, Dave C - so just need one more driver.
Marshals:- Paul W, Mart66, craigdabrown and Cam - so I need two more marshals.

I'm delighted to say the very wonderful Cath has said she should be able to head the catering squad for the day, meaning the legendary Clifton refreshments will once again be many people's fondest memories of it. Please can I have one or two volunteers to help her?

Thanks folks!

Feedback from the Vets Nationals:-

"Great champs. Thanks again for everyone's brilliant efforts"
"Thanks for all the hard work you and your team put in yesterday. It was a pleasure to ride in the event"
...and tucked in with a RR Day entry:- "thanks to all for the work put into this race - it's always one of the best each year!"
by nigelt Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:50 pm
Thanks to all who have offered help since the last post.

I now have:

Sign-on- Me + Mel B
Finish Line- Me + Mel B- more would be good
Driver 1- Damien
Driver 2- Melly
Driver 3- John S
Driver 4- Cam

Drivers, you will have 2 x NEG motorcyclists working with you, so should make for a good, safe race.

Drivers- please DM me your BC Member Nos, Car Registration details and dates of birth for the BC forms if you haven't yet.

Marshalls-
After speaking to Phil, and with the improvements to Farlington Bridge, I only need 6 marshalls rather than 8.
Sheriff Hutton Roundabout- 2 needed
Stillington Bridge- 1 needed
Stillington Chippy- Tim Jackson
Stillington / Moxby Lane- Andy Tannahill
Moxby Lane / Sheriff Hutton Rd- Craig Brown

Thanks to those who have already offered to help. Only 3 more people needed- come on folks, this is our big event of the year- a full day of racing organised by the club. As with other events, I don't want to have to cancel for the sake of 3 marshalls, but if I have to I will.

Regards

Nigel
by nigelt Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 am
Thanks to some further offers of help I'm now pretty much sorted:

Sign-on- Me + Mel B
Finish Line- Me + Mel B- more would be good
Driver 1- Damien
Driver 2- Melly
Driver 3- John S
Driver 4- Cam

Marshalls-
After speaking to Phil, and with the improvements to Farlington Bridge, I only need 6 marshalls rather than 8.
Sheriff Hutton Roundabout- John McCormick / Brian Wainwright
Stillington Bridge- Dave Ianson
Stillington / Moxby Lane- Andy Tannahill

If anyone else is available to help, either at sign-in or, more importantly, at the finish line I would be very grateful. Although I'll have my laptop / camera there the more people with eyes / pens / mobile phones / cameras the better.

Looking forward to a great day.

Regards

Nigel
by PhilBixby Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:25 pm
...meanwhile, for the morning vets race, we have:-

Drivers:- Muzzy, Max, Dave C, Cam - so we're sorted there!
Marshals:- Paul W, Mart66, Pete Hook and craigdabrown - so I need just two more marshals.

I'm delighted to say the very wonderful Cath has said she should be able to head the catering squad for the day, meaning the legendary Clifton refreshments will once again be many people's fondest memories of it. I've got Dave I'A offering help for the morning, and I should be available to help in the afternoon, but if anyone else fancies a bit of work experience in the catering sector then they'd be very welcome. Looks great on your CV, and there are always broken brownies, if you get what I'm sayin'? :D

Thanks folks!
by nigelt Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:44 pm
Phil- I'll be available for the morning until sign-in for the BC race opens, so can do anything you need until then- put out signs, direct traffic, test the brownies for flavour and texture etc :lol: :lol:
by nigelt Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:22 pm
Aaaaaaaaarrrggghhh!

A family issue means I'm no longer able to make the 28th :( :(

I know it's a big ask, but is there anyone able to take on the coordination of the BC race on the day?

Everything is sorted. The hall is booked, first aid and NEG are booked, all Drivers and Marshalls are arranged.

I will ensure that the start sheets are printed off, the prize money is sorted and the NEG payments are sorted.

The sign-on and finish line will need to be coordinated and the commissaires liaised with, but otherwise i'll make sure there's no preparatory work to do.

Please let me know if you can help- I am really sorry but there is no way I can make it now.

And sorry Phil, but clearly I'm not going to be able to fill in as catering assistant now :(
by nigelt Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:45 pm
Phew!

A big thank you to Cam for stepping in and offering to look after this race for me- a preferable alternative to the divorce which would have resulted from me not being able to get someone to step in :shock:

As a result of Cam looking after the race on the day Andy Tannahill has offered to drive in Cam's place, so I now need a marshall to cover for Andy please. This is the only role which still needs to be covered, as I have:

Sign-on- Cam + Mel B
Finish Line- Cam + Mel B- more would be good
Driver 1- Damien
Driver 2- Melly
Driver 3- John S
Driver 4- Andy Tannahill

Marshalls-
Sheriff Hutton Roundabout- John McCormick / Brian Wainwright
Stillington Bridge- Dave Ianson
Stillington / Moxby Lane- ***Marshall needed***

Please help if you can- only 1 more offer of help needed to ensure the safety of the riders on this race, and secure your free tea for 2 at Your Bike Shed!

Thanks in advance

Nigel