Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:18 pm
Guests over this w/e so I suppose should be sociable and not disappear out the door on my bike for 4 hours :) . Would be grateful if one of the regulars could post a route in advance and take a lead on the morning...thanks
by mart66 Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:49 am
I intend to be out. Too much indoor cycling is bad for the soul.

Shall we make up the missed ride and go South?

The weather is a bit unpredictable to say the least. May have to revert to Northern route if there is snow, ice, a plague of frogs etc.

See you Saturday

Martin
by mart66 Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:42 am
Zero degrees overnight and light snow earlier in the morning predicted.

I think we're better off going North on the main roads.

Cheers

Martin
by mart66 Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:54 pm
You're probably right.

SHALL WE OFFICIALLY CANCEL THEN?

I'm not sure I quite have the authority to cancel the ride but, as I think the Northern route is the only possible option, I won't be in the square as I would have joined just after the green in Acomb.

I still intend to do this so if anyone wants to join me I'll hang around until 10 past nine.

Martin
by reubenbarrett Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:14 pm
I would like to get out provided its safe. I will look out my window in the morning and if there is snow lying on main gritted road, then I will head for the turbo. Otherwise I plan to be in the Square for 9.
by DamianE Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:07 pm
If you cancel, or even if you don't, does anyone fancy something Sunday? Bit further but also a bit slower. Working Saturday morning but might nip over to Hull to try their through and off sessions in the afternoon. Great fun. Or at least they used to be when I was fit! :?
by mart66 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:33 pm
Brrrrr!

Met with Nick on Wetherby Rd and presumed others had thought better of it.

We had sleet, rain, sun and finally, as we approached Boroughbridge, heavy snow. We decided to turn back at this point only to be passed by the group from the square heading in the other direction.

We managed to join the group and enjoy/endure a decent ride.

Horrid weather but I'm glad I made it out.

Cheers guys.