Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 pm
If I can shake off this blasted cold I will be out on Saturday. I don’t think we have gone South for a while so let’s do that (collective groans all round :D )! Recent cold snap aside... It’s official: It’s been a pretty tame winter so far........now that Marks and Spencer have reported losses and blaming this on unseasonal mild weather...and not selling enough coats...or something like that :? . Thankfully, it won’t be icy on Saturday but I looks like it will be windy (we may see a bit of rain as well) so a perfect opportunity to get those two lines nice and tight and keeping the turns nice and short (no heroics!).

The ‘South’ route is:
York, Elvington, south to Howden, Hemingbrough, Skipwith, Thorganby, Wheldrake, Escrick, Stillingfleet, Naburn, and back to York.

For those who haven’t done this route before it’s pan-flat.

9.00 am at Exhibition Sq...... See you then
:D
by Sharpy Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:07 am
i will be tucked up in my garage on the turbo, for me it seems too dangerous, and the likelihood of crashing into each other I think would be quite high.

If you do head out, have fun and stay safe.

Sharpy
by Cam B Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:37 pm
Fair enough....Looks like the Met Office have issued a weather warning now. Rather than mess about: tomorrow's training ride is cancelled. If you do get out solo or whatever...take it easy :!: