Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 pm
Suggest we go South:

York, Elvington, south to Howden, Hemingbrough, Skipwith, Thorganby, Wheldrake, Escrick, Stillingfleet, Naburn, and back to York.

Meet: 9.00am in Exhibition Square

At present forecast looks like this: Unless the "weather bomb" goes off it's likely to be a touch frosty but dry.... zero to 3 degrees.
by pete p Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:52 pm
Cam B wrote: At present forecast looks like this: Unless the "weather bomb" goes off it's likely to be a touch frosty but dry.... zero to 3 degrees.

It'll feel almost tropical after last weeks ride then :lol:
by Cam B Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:08 pm
Another good solid ride this morning. Just 7 of us in the Square. Owing to it being on the icy side we elected to go North which I think was a wise move. Roads had sufficiently defrosted by the time we got to B'Bridge. The back road from Strensall to Haxby was little (d)icey though and it nearly got a bit "Bambi on ice"...for me anyway...but no offs... thank heavens :D. A glorious winter's morning really with the sun-shining...That cold really saps the strength though and I felt a bit leggy when we weaved our way thru the holiday traffic in town.
by PhilBixby Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:13 am
Not sure what the gritting crews were thinking of on Friday night; I followed your route north for a solo three hours in the afternoon and every road I went on had frozen puddles lining the edges and (in the case of the A168) little glaciers creeping across it where surface water had melted and re-frozen - even at 2pm. A wise change of route though - you'd have all been in the ditches out near Bubwith. Definitely weather for taking it very steady - the cold air really takes it out of you.
by mart66 Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:19 pm
Definitely a good choice of route. It was a really good ride until we came out of Strensall and then it became quite petrifying.
I slipped about three times and thought I was definitely off on the last one but managed to get a foot down and, amazingly, come to a halt.
Hope everyone got home ok.
Martin