Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:50 pm
Good riding all round last week with everyone working well together and pace nice and...(quick look at Thesaurus) constant :)

Let’s go North on Saturday:

9.00 am from Exhibition Square......Head to Wetherby Rd (B1224) – right down Mill Lane after Rufforth – Head to and thru Tockwith - then north up the A168 to Boroughbridge – Milby – Helperby – Easingwold - Crayke. If we fancy we can then either head to Brandsby – Whenby – Sheriff Hutton and back to York or head to Huby - Stockton on Forest and back to York

Forecast: Looks like it will be dry but colder : -1 to 3 degrees. If it's icy we can consider staying on Wetherby Rd - which is normally well gritted - until we get to A168.

2 - 3 even sized groups depending on numbers
by mart66 Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:32 pm
I'll catch up with you on the Wetherby Road just after Acomb Green - so factor me in when you're dividing the groups.

It's likely to be icy so you might want to go straight down Car Lane as I don't think those little streets that we slalom through get gritted.

Cheers

Martin
by Cam B Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:51 pm
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....that was a cold one! With the 8.45rs switching to Sunday this week just 7 of us in the Square this morning. We picked Martin up on route. With some ice on the minor roads we played it safe and stayed on the Wetherby Rd and headed to B’bridge. Really good disciplined even-paced riding all round. I had it at an average of just over 18mph. With the sun coming out on a lovely crisp winter’s morning it was only an extra pair of socks needed and it would have been a hugely enjoyable ride rather than merely an enjoyable one :) ....see you next week