Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:11 am
Suggest we go West:

York, Appleton Roebuck, Tadcaster, Bramham, Thorner, Barwick, Aberford, Sherburn, Cawood, and back to York (perhaps with a clockwise loop of the Saxton RR circuit en route).

9.00 am at Exhibition Square.

Forecast: mild temperatures with sunny spells and isolated showers, breezy.
by PhilBixby Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:39 pm
I should be there, and would be happy to shout "knock one off" at a steadier group.

***Edit*** Oh, and I forgot to mention - I'll be heading for a post-ride coffee at Your Bike Shed if anyone wants to make a collective cuppa of it.
by Cam B Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 pm
About a dozen in Square this morning. Two groups seemed a good idea. Phil stuck his hand up and took the 2nd group. I was in 1st group. Good steady riding all round. Firepower diminished with Ed nursing sore quads...getting used to a new bike and set up etc. but still seemed a reasonably nippy ride. Tailwind from Cawood most welcome but we worked hard before this so felt like we earned it. Had a bit of time so managed to get a bit extra in so finished up with 75 miles under my belt for the morning. My better half had been to the shops and brought back a nice curd tart (or "turd cart" as she mistakenly called it :shock: ) Felt like a nice reward for a good workout and went down a treat :D
by PhilBixby Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 pm
As Cam's post, I was out with the "steadier" group - five of us including Martin V nursing a dodgy back and a mix of summer and winter bikes (in my case, within the same bike!). Nice neat riding with only one minor greasy-road-related fright. Fabulous weather - blue skies for much of the ride and a tailwind for the cloudy bit. 204W NP / 173W Ave and 19mph so - like last week by the sound of it - pretty much at the upper end of what you want to be doing in October and definitely room for knocking one more off next week and onwards as the weather gets chillier.

My lot all deserted me on the way into town and a quick peer through YBS's window told me all Cam's group had headed for the showers too, so I skipped the coffee. No turd cart for me, but shacking up with a deli owner means leftover pastries on a Saturday, so bang goes any calorie deficit!
by mart66 Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:50 pm
I think one of those turd carts must have dropped its load judging by the smell coming into Fulford.

Good ride today. Definitely tough enough - wind and a few bumps. Seemed steadier but I had higher normalised power (211) than last week. Probably due to more climbing and a smaller group.
Can empathise with Ed - I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago when debuting my new bike ( cramp! - I've never had cramp). Saddle up a few cms and bars down a few spacers and the bike feels great. He'll be back to torturing us next week!
by Paul W Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:09 pm
Opted for Phil's steadier ride this morning. as Phil said.just the 5 of us.enjoyed the extra work that has to be done. Apart from the sideways action.(did any of the faster group experience anything on that corner... not sure where it was .maybe Phil can elaborate)
Not got 1 of these power meters but HR ave definitely lower than last week. :-) thoroughly enjoyed the ride.many thanks once again
by WillK Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:14 pm
Pleased to survive my first 'post-parenthood' training ride. After a bit of dithering opted for the 'brisker' group in the knowledge that I could pick up the second group if dropped. Surprised to still be there at the end and not feeling too trashed. This confirms my theory that lack of sleep tired does not necessarily equate to physical fatigue. Will probably be proved completely wrong in weeks to come though! Good ride guy, thanks.