Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:02 am
The ride starts at 10:30, so shall I meet you, JohnS, at the Cattal/Tockwith crossroads at 09:15?

Then if anyone wants to join us and ride out, please reply here and we can meet you at the cross roads at the top of the hill in Tadcaster at 9:40.

Hope to see a few of you there :)
by RossB Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 am
Hi Andy,

I'm riding this too this year so I'll meet you at the tadcaster cross road (the wighill / Appleton Roebuck one) at 09:40 ish

I'm riding from York through bishopthorpe so can ride with others if anyone is heading out?

Ross
by AndyM Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:41 pm
Great, see you there!

John, any chance I can meet you in Tad after all? Something I've forgotten about means the extra 30 mins that'll give me would be super helpful! :)
by JohnS Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 pm
Andy

No problem. 9.40 in Tad. At the lights on top of the hill where we turn left on the Training Ride.

See you then.

John
by DamianE Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:06 pm
Slight change of plan has freed up Sunday. How far will this be all in? Do you have to enter in advance on the BC website?
by AndyM Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:02 pm
Perfect, thanks John!!

Damian, it's a 50 miler from Lotherton Hall, so with a ride out and back for you it'll be around 80 miles I think. Entry on the day is fine I believe. Going to come along? :)
by DamianE Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 pm
Well I'm not too proud to refuse pushes on way home :twisted: I don't get to do 80 miles very often but we did that a few weeks ago so should be fine. Will be there if things don't change at home but don't wait for me. Obviously be riding out from Bish to Tad so might see people along the way
by DamianE Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:44 pm
Nice ride today. Started cold and foggy but got better eventually. Bit of a wait to get going as they set 1000+ riders off in groups of 20 but once we were going it was ok. Got in with 3 guys from another club but after 10 miles we found ourselves doing through and off. A bit rich for me in October but Ross looked like he was enjoying himself! A tab muddy near Selby and slippery in places. Managed to get Ross in the break whilst Andy, Jon and I held back the horses. Andy and I led in an ever expanding group until it got tasty with a mile to go... Then Andy dropped us all :shock: :lol: 79 miles, I'm not telling you what the power was as it's embarrassing. But it was at least a positive number which was nice. An easier week next week, and the week after....

Would be a good ride inFeb/March but a bit hard for me in October.
by RossB Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Good ride today. As Damien stated it brightened up a little after the foggy start but it played havoc with our team radios so we had to rely on our substantial years of race craft to set up the race for glory. Not easy controlling a bunch of 1000 riders with only 4 of us but after letting 3 jackpot riders away early we had em reeled in after 5 miles, we all knew it wasn't going to stick.

Damien, John (race captain on the road - although to hear this is probably news to him!) and Andy controlled the bunch perfectly letting me slip off the front and form a little breakaway that allowed me the chance to consume copious amounts of cake and coffee before them! Actually I think they just wanted to lose the crazy short wearing rider from the bunch! Might think about getting my knee warmers out in December if this weather continues.

I had 84 miles on the clock by the time I got home and 20.6mph avg for the spadgers ride itself. A nice little leg tickler for October.

Thanks chaps.