Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 pm
I've left the Saturday rides to sort themselves out in recent weeks since I've been away/busy/racing, but it's a time of year when it's tricky to keep everyone happy as priorities and commitments vary - most road racers' seasons are almost over, but cyclocross riders are just gearing up; people are away on holiday, levels of fitness and expectations from rides vary wildly, etc. As a result, what I suggest is:-

-People who want to get out for a training ride on Saturday morning post on here and be as specific as possible about what you want (this will be copied across onto the weekly club email if you post early enough in the week).

-The New! 2015 season! Steady! training rides will commence again around about (say) 18th October, so it gives everyone a chance to have a few weeks smelling the flowers before it's "eyes down" once again. Early rides will (please god) be very steady and will be split into groups as appropriate to ensure everybody's personal "very steady" is catered for.

- Lastly, are people up for an end-of-season pub session to talk through what worked and what didn't this year and to kick around ideas for the winter training and next year's events? If so, post on here and we'll set something up (maybe first week of October-ish).
by mart66 Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:40 am
I've been out on quite a few of the recent training rides (missed last week). The pace has been pretty high with a CG effort on the way back to town. I'm hoping for something similar this week as I've still got a race left on my calendar.

I don't know which route was used last week but I always prefer West or East to North or South.

Cheers
by JohnS Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 pm
Not out this week I'm afraid. My knee is still smashed up after my tumble last weekend. I shall be trying to get out for the first time for a very very steady ride and see how I go. :(

Hopefully back to normal soon, but not quite what I had planned for the end of the season.

Enjoy

John