Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by the robster Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm
Hi all,

I wa hoping to ride tomorrow's evening TT and some of the subsequent rounds, but am unfamiliar with the courses (both the route and where the meeting point /car parking etc is) but can't find any info on the website other than the title of the route (Eg coneysthorpe). Can someone please point me in the right direction of where to find this info?

Thanks,

Rob
by dave c Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:14 am
Hi Rob

The Sutton 10 mile tt's start near Sheriff Hutton Bridge on Moxby Lane just off the Strensall to Sheriff road about 1.75 miles south of Sheriff Hutton and near the cricket field.

All the others start near to the mini roundabout in Sheriff Hutton on the road out towards Terrington. You can park there as well.

Coneysthorpe course: Bulmer, Welburn crossroads, Castle Howard, Terrington, Terrington bank, Sheriff Hutton.

Ganthorpe course: Bulmer, Ganthorpe, Terrington, Terrington Bank, Sheriff Hutton.

Whenby course: Whenby, Brandsby, Stillington, Farlington, finish just before Sheriff Hutton.

Hope this helps and see you tonight.

Cheers

Dave
by the robster Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:09 pm
Thanks Dave - I can't make it tonight after all but will come to a couple of the future ones. I emailed the address on the website recently asking about whether it's possible to a a 2-up on these evenings as,my better half fancies a crack at racing but may be better for her confidence to do one together first. Are 2ups ok,to do at these events? Thanks.
by dave c Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:22 pm
Hi Rob

Unfortunately 2 ups are not catered for on our club SPOCO's as they would need a separate risk assessment approval.

Personally I would think that it is safer anyway to ride separately on the hilly courses and they are well arrowed so I am sure your better half would be ok.

Cheers

Dave