Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Melly Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:18 pm
I have heard via the jungle drums ie FB that Sundays race on the Milby circuit had been cancelled, apparently NYCC highways refused a permit due to the viral you tube video of the incursion on a race recently by a sportive ride

Please confirm yourself if you are riding Cheers Melly
by mart66 Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:49 pm
Yep - just had an email confirming that it's cancelled.

An absolutely outrageous decision. It is because of that video apparently which is ridiculous as it's a group of stubborn sportive riders refusing to stop at a 'road closed' sign.
by GrahamMartin Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:58 pm
Oh for crying out loud! Was so looking forward to this - actually fancied my chances of surviving the whole race. Did the video specifically show the Milby Circuit, or is this about to be a ban on all races in North Yorkshire again?
by Melly Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:06 pm
No because it didnt happen on that circuit
by mart66 Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:25 pm
It was on the Saxton circuit I think, Graham.

There is no fault on the racers/organisers part either. In fact nothing actually happens - there is nearly a crash.
by GrahamMartin Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:31 pm
Last year it was a (tragic) time trial accident leading to a ban in East Yorkshire. This year, its a bunch of sportive riders in North Yorkshire. Which other group of riders are we going to carry the can for next? Oh well, fingers crossed we don't lose more than the one race whilst sorting this out. Have texted Rich H for his views, but I suspect he's got better things to do on Friday night!
by Melly Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:34 pm
you mean Rich actually gave you his mobile number ??? brave man :!:
by GrahamMartin Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 pm
Bike racing isn't the only place Rich and I cross paths. :wink:

Some suspicion has been raised that this was actually Boroughbridge Town Council and not North Yorkshire County Council who caused the cancellation. So that's Milby circuit stuffed for the foreseeable, but everywhere else should be fine for now. Bad luck on Albarosa's part that they took the hit (that's the last time I feel sorry for them!).