Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:47 pm
Martin - you must have done well to hit the front when you did as I saw you drift behind me not long before.
I wonder if we need a longer race to shake it out and calm everyone down?
by Melly Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:27 pm
As probably one, if not the most experienced Com 1 driver in the club currently ( I dont know what people have done in the past) and this is no reflection on Clifton riders as none were guilty of the offence (ish), but the standard of riding on last nights road race was well below the required standard to maintain road racing in North Yorkshire !!! From social media (If the club were to participate in it wont go there !!!) the people of the villages that the races went through (particularity Thorganby were furious as to the behaviour of the riders that it was videoed for Police evidence) and to the extent that tacks/drawing pins were laid out on the circuit which resulted in multiple punctures/serious potential for accidents for riders!! Personally I was in the best position of anyone in the race to view what went on and the residents were right, I cannot confirm the reports of bad language towards drivers by the riders for obvious reasons but it does not bode well for the continuation of road racing in out county!!
by GavinW Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:05 am
Apologies for the belated note but a huge thanks to Phil, Melly, Cam, Nigel, Richard and Fraz for supporting last Thursday's race. it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that without your help the race couldn't have gone ahead.

Thank you...