Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed May 28, 2014 1:51 pm
I'll be fully occupied collecting my now post-student daughter (how time flies - I remember when she was only that big) from Liverpool so would someone like to choose a route and supervise good behaviour on Saturday morning please? With any luck it may have stopped raining by then...
by WillK Thu May 29, 2014 12:18 pm
Its a no from me - triathlon in Cheshire on Sunday. We had a good ride last week though - me, Nick, Liam and Andy - out to Ripon and back through Arkendale and over Aldwark bridge. Nice to do a different route and we didn't get soaked until the last 5 miles!
by mart66 Thu May 29, 2014 3:47 pm
I entered the Eric Biddulph then found out it's my wedding anniversary that day!

I think the training ride is a safer option for me. I haven't done the western route for a while - maybe with a lap of Saxton?

Any takers?
by DamianE Thu May 29, 2014 4:03 pm
Classic! I'm only guessing Martin, but do you think your anniversary was June 1st last year?!? That's how mine works....

Almost as bad as my faux pas - wife had something planned for Father's Day. No problem I said. Only later to realise I'm racing that day ;-)
by GrahamMartin Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:47 pm
Six set off, four returned - with a brief period near Barwick when a rather chatty bloke joined on the back. He seemed a bit surprised that we'd been doing "this speed" since York. Having considered a circuit of Saxton, a lack of precise route knowledge to get us there resulted in a swap to Bishopwood. I lost contact twice, but made it back both times - one on a hill just before the brief bit of A64 and one on a corner. I was pretty happy to make it back with everyone, even if I'd been skipping turns. 80km in 2hrs 20 at 34.5kph according to my Garmin, though I forgot to start it until we were in Bishopthorpe.