Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Thu May 15, 2014 6:24 am
Hi folks,

Anyone riding on Saturday??

I'm currently revising for exams (yay!) and riding in the afternoons so I can concentrate better on revision in the mornings. On Saturday, does anyone fancy a good (at least) 4 hours over to Helmsley? Plan to leave The Square at 2pm.

Please post up here if you plan to join me, otherwise I won't wait. Obviously anyone who wants a standard 9am training ride, post up a seperate thread :)

Would be good to have the company!
by nigelt Thu May 15, 2014 1:39 pm
For those non-students I will translate (being the father of a student):

"I'll be in bed until at least 1. If I get up in time does anyone fancy a ride in the afternoon?' :wink: :wink:

Oh to be a student...
by AndyM Sat May 17, 2014 9:15 pm
:lol: If only!

I've never been particularly good at being a student in that sense unfortunately :P and today was no exception. I was up at 6:45am and sat with maths in front of me at 7:20am. ~4 hours of revision later and after a bite to eat, I was out the door for the inaugural Late Starters Training Ride, and what a beautiful day for it it was!

Headed out via Sheriff Hutton, up Terrington Bank, and left and left/straight on to the road through Dalby, Giling, Oswaldkirk and across to Helmsley. The miles flew by with 22.5 miles covered in the first hour, and about 41 in the first 2 hours.

After a quick stop at the petrol station in Helmsley for a drinks top up I headed out west along the main road before taking a left across to Hawnby, Left again, up the hill (forgot how steep that road is!) and over the top and past Sutton Bank visitor centre, down White Horse Bank, and back via Coxwold-Husthwaite-Easingwold-Raskelf-Aldwark Bridge.

Back home after successfully topping up the tan, with 82ish miles on the clock in a little under 4 hrs 15 mins, giving an average speed of 19.4mph.

Hope everyone else had a good morning out - what a day it was!!