Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Thu May 08, 2014 4:29 pm
Hello,

I had a chat with Phil on Tuesday as we headed to the circuit about events where two races are using the same circuit simultaneously (with obvious potential cost savings). I had previously thought this wasn't allowed. Anyhow, I emailed Rich Houghton (Traffic Management) to check his thoughts, and his response was that he would be OK with it, as long as its on a sufficiently long circuit to avoid races meeting. There might be a lower limit on entrants in each race though - we'd have to ask Pete Sutton. The challenge, of course, is finding 8 cars and drivers.

Probably not something to implement this year, but worth thinking about for next? The Sheriff Hutton circuit would certainly be long enough to run a 2nd/3rd race and a shorter 3rd/4th race concurrently, and might help balance the books, if nothing else. There's not exactly been a shortage of riders this year. Any thoughts/reasons this is a good/bad idea?

Graham
by Melly Thu May 08, 2014 7:29 pm
Yes its a struggle to get 4 drivers let alone 8 unless your volunteering Graham and know 3 others who will drive ? on top of the regulars who already provide such a service ?