Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Fri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm
I plan to be out tomorrow. Am guessing that some of the racers will be sick of doing too many laps of one circuit...one or two of them racing three times in the last 5-6 days :) So how about we do the Northern route? Out via Tockwith....we can ramp it up and line out on the A168 to B'bridge...head to Crayke then line out again...home to York via part of the flat 10 circuit...We could even do a lap of the Sheriff Hutton circuit to relive last night's exploits if we felt up to it :!:
by PhilBixby Fri May 02, 2014 1:06 pm
Good man - I'll be putting my feet up*** prior to Minty's old blokes race on Sunday, and had forgotten to put a "sort yourselves out" posting up!

***I wish - I'll be chained to the drawing board instead...
by GrahamMartin Fri May 02, 2014 5:22 pm
Just a quick thought - doesn't the Boroughbridge route connect vaguely with the Milby circuit? Tuesday's Chevin event is up there, and I'd be grateful of a loop to re-familiarise the worst of the pothole locations. Will mention this in the morning.
by Cam B Sat May 03, 2014 1:36 pm
Nigh on perfect conditions this morning. Just the seven of us out. Hopefully a good workout for all as we packed in a fair bit of the quick stuff. We lined out on the A168.. lost Liam unfortunately ...We re-grouped at B'bridge and lined out on the Milby circuit (Liam materialised going the opposite way round the circuit :shock: Hope you're ok Liam) For those doing the Chevin Series it's still as pot holey as ever unfortunately. Steady away to Crayke. We then ramped it up again after the right turn at Sutton on the Forest back to York 8)
by GrahamMartin Sat May 03, 2014 8:43 pm
Arrived to realise my bike had no bottles attached - they were on the kitchen side! Many thanks to Cam for taking his pump and spare tube out and hanging me the container, which the sandwich shop by Bootham Bar filled for me. Cam - I shall try to bring it on Tuesday if you're racing Chevin 2?

Good work and felt like I was making contributions throughout the ride despite missing more than the odd turn. The regrouping on the Milby Course meant a reccy for Tuesday was possible - but potholes just before the 'finish line drag' nearly sent me over the handle-bars. We're going to have to keep a really good look out for those, or groups are going to fragment. Also, I'd forgotten how narrow the North-side (Cundall towards Dishforth) actually is. Here's hoping we don't encounter too much traffic.

Was getting a lot out of the extended efforts, and thanks for keeping on letting it regroup - the final exertion down the B1363 was a fun game of "let's see how far this can go" and resulted in me cracking good and proper. Went through Haxby and New Earswick to get home in just over 3 hours.
by Cam B Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 am
GrahamMartin wrote:Arrived to realise my bike had no bottles attached - they were on the kitchen side! Many thanks to Cam for taking his pump and spare tube out and hanging me the container, which the sandwich shop by Bootham Bar filled for me. Cam - I shall try to bring it on Tuesday if you're racing Chevin 2?

It's alright Graham. I won't be there on Tue. Consider it a gift :) Anyway...my wife is delighted since there is one less "b****y plastic bottle" in the house. I was more peeved that I had to give you some water at B'bridge out of my remaining bottle....Couldn't you have found a stream or something :wink: