Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Thu May 01, 2014 9:23 pm
Thanks to all club members who made tonight happen. It's a pity my lungs max'd out after just 8 minutes. I happened to get a look at the results sheet and have added up the scores by club:

1 Joseph Wilkinson - Alba
2) Lewis Jackson - Dymag
3 Thomas Andrews‎ - Ilkley
4 Archie Cross - PHMAS
5 Craig Garth - YCW
6 John Savage - Clifton
7 Stewart Gormley - Swift
8 Arthur Wilson - Ilkley
9 Rich Douthwaite - Clifton
10 Jamie Tweddle‎ - Alba

Alba 16
Ilkley 13
Dymag 12
PH MAS 8
Clifton 7
YCW 6
Swift 4

Also, John S: many thanks for the lift - did my gloves get left in your car?
by JohnS Fri May 02, 2014 7:01 am
Thanks Graham,

Yes I've got your gloves!

I can either bring them to the next race or drop me a PM and I'll post them back to you :D

John
by timj Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 pm
A cool but dry evening greeted the first race on a new circuit round Sherriff /Stillington and it has a bit of everything,Flat rolling downhill corners tight bridges villages rough road.It felt quite fast all the way round really and i clocked 26.3 mph av for the race (might be corrected on that).Big pulls by Clifton(Including Max with a plain top on) brought back some dangerous looking attacks by some strong boys,some attacks of our own coming to nothing the bunch splitting after one lap and a bit of a pile up going for the line which took all my momentum away made for a great race,finish was a bit hairy but two Clifton,RichD and John S came away with points.Just behind the front sprint line to finish,position again to the last climb cost me not out of fatigue as the strength is there.Something to work on if i want to break into the points.good riding, cheers.all Timj