Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu May 01, 2014 5:10 pm
Okay folks, the first of the SPOCO's is happening on May 22nd - that's three weeks away. Or rather it won't be happening on May 22nd if no-one puts their hand up to organise it. Likewise the following week, and a further six of them slightly more distant. We have some people and helpers already signed up, Billy's sorted out all the organiser's info packs so it's dead simple and all spelled out, and I've done all the approvals and notifications. Let's be having you! The link to the volunteer spreadsheet was in last week's e-newsletter and I'll make sure it's in this week's too!
by PhilBixby Wed May 14, 2014 1:20 pm
For the avoidance of doubt, this week's e-newsletter will contain the following:-

We’re now a week away from the first event of the SPOCO series and although we have a the necessary volunteers to marshall (assuming one will take on the timekeeper job), we have no organiser for Event 1 on 22nd nor for Event 2 on 29th. Given the need to get signage and other kit shuffled around, if we don’t have someone step forward as organiser before next Monday (19th) Event 1 will be cancelled. Likewise if we don’t have an organiser for Event 2 before Monday 26th that will likewise be cancelled.

Thank you.
by PhilBixby Thu May 15, 2014 8:15 am
Many thanks, Gill. For anyone else who hasn't a clue but is willing to give it a go, don't worry. There's a file full of very blow-by-blow instructions which Billy has provided and which distil years of experience in running these events, and this will be passed to you along with the signage, stopwatches etc prior to the event. It's really very straightforward. About the only requirement beyond basic sanity is having a car, so you can drive the circuit / put signs out / use it as event HQ.
by WillK Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 am
Hi Phil is it too late to salvage the 1st TT this Thursday? I am willing to put my hand up and organise, assuming there are still enough other volunteers to marshall??

Cheers

Will
by PhilBixby Mon May 19, 2014 12:46 pm
Timing straight out of the movies - many thanks Will.

You've got five volunteers according to the spreadsheet - Steen, Karl M, Ian H, Matt Hardy & Daniel Gorin (please can all of you post on here to confirm you're showing up, or message Will, or otherwise let us know). You'll need three marshals on corners, plus a pusher-offer and a timekeeper - so, looks like you're in business.

Message me your phone number or email address and we'll sort out getting you and the signage/files/stopwatches etc introduced to each other. between now and then.
by PhilBixby Mon May 19, 2014 3:21 pm
Something bad seems to have happened to the site links. HQ is in layby just south of cricket club on minor road turn-off from Strensall / Sheriff Road, about 3km north of Strensall. You'll see plenty of cyclists. Course goes west to T-junction, south through Sutton and straight across mini-roundabout, left onto Carr Lane, left at T-junction back up to finish shortly before first rise up towards Sheriff.