Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:22 am
As trailled in last week's thread, we'll do another ride based around fast group laps this week. Gather as usual in Exhibition square, split into two groups and then head down to Escrick. Three laps of the circuit to give 30miles and keep the pace high.
by PhilBixby Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 pm
...and three laps of Escrick it was!. I think about seven went off with Cam, leaving ten(? my memory's terrible) of us in the steadier group. A pleasant ride out, a chat, and then off. Shed a couple during the first couple of laps but otherwise worked well together - minimum fuss over changing arrangements due to wind direction and enough communication between everyone for them to know what they were doing right and wrong. Had the "brisker" group in our sights on the final couple of miles. 229W and 23.1 / 22.4 / 22.2mph for the three laps for me.
I won't be out next Saturday (Seacroft Wheelers on Sunday) so does someone fancy working out what/where/when? Ta! :D
by Cam B Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:06 pm
We're going to have to find another name for the "brisker" group if the "steadier" group keep catching us up....We can't pretend that we have a puncture every week :? . 6 of us in this group today. I think we made a decent fist of working well together in windy conditions. We managed to switch things around a bit as and when required. Don't have lap times but it felt reasonably quick. Like Phil and a few others, doing the Seacroft RR next week.
by timj Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 pm
Exellent ride this morning with a decent pace and tidy through and off.The wind again made it difficult but we did not get scruffy at all and looked a smooth unit,probably one of the better rides we have done as a group riding at near enough race pace .Heres to next weekends race which in some ways seems to have come round quick since the new year but i feel ready to go again.cheers
by JohnS Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm
I wouldn't worry Cam, I've average speeds of 22.8 mph, 23.8 mph and 23.9 mph for the 3 laps respectively so I think our reputation is still intact :wink: Just as well as I was somewhat fatigued yesterday. It felt harder than last week and the average speeds were certainly up from the mid-22 mph I recorded last week so that's probably about right.

Anyway looking forward to doing it for real next Sunday and sounds like there'll be a few of you for company.

Thanks for your company on Saturday. Good ride all round!

Best regards

John
by Sharpy Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 pm
Fingers crossed I will see some of you at the race on Sunday, I am in the 2/3/4 race but still undecided if I will be fit enough after the off, based on yesterdays 13mins I suspect not, so I might just pedal out and hurl some abu... I mean offer support! :wink:

Also thinking of doing the Crit race on Sat, but again it remains to be seen how my fitness holds up.
by mart66 Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 pm
Pretty good lap times those. I don't feel so bad for missing a couple of turns now!

Am I the only Clifton rider to have my Seacroft entry sent back? Hopefully not, as I don't fancy doing this week's training ride on my own.

Cheers

Martin
by DamianE Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:53 pm
I got my entry back too. No bad thing, seem to have been poorly since Christmas and it Mother's Day. There are 3 of them in my house!!

Hope to be out Saturday.