Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by MikeR Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:42 am
Now that the Saturday morning training rides are focussing on the lead into the season's racing, do people fancy resurrecting the 08:45 "sporting" ride?

As previous, this ride should be non-stop 60 miles (ish) and get back into York for 12:30. I expect this ride to pick up those from the steady group of the race training ride who want to do a single route rather than circuits of one of the race courses.

If you have suggested routes/or would like to lead the ride, please post here. Is anyone in touch with Tony who had an encyclopaedic knowledge of routes when we were last out with the 08:45?

Hope to see lots out for a windy ride on Saturday.

Mike
by SueP Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 am
I would love to see that on the menu again. I need to start doing longer weekend rides with more climbing but it's really good to have an option of starting early and being back for lunch as the kids regularly only issue a half day pass. :roll:
by Dr Dave Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 pm
Will probably do a few of these over the next 6 months when cannot be out all day

Keep pedalling!
by MikeR Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:46 pm
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers - three of out for the restart to the 08:45, Sue, Tony and me. Out into the wind towards Tadcaster picking up a local rider en route, then onto Wetherby, Harrogate and Knaresborough. Back with the wind to York. 60 miles give or take for the round trip.

I had a pothole related tumble on the furthest leg from home - thank you to Tony for shepherding me home, the bump seemed to sap the energy from my legs.

Plan to meet at 08:45 and set off at 09:00 next Saturday. Wind direction will determine the route.