Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:18 pm
Did the 2/3/4 race at the circuit yesterday. Done some of these last season and it was the biggest turnout I have seen. Very blustery conditions meant it was important to pay attention. Three clipped of the front within about 15 secs and stayed away for a while. I think it all came together but not too sure. Had a dig myself early on which lasted ...oooh half a lap which was just about enough to tell me to be a little more cautious! Paid for that effort and drifted to the back for a spell. Had to work hard to get back in the safety of the bunch as it was way too windy to be hanging round at the back. Nowhere near had the legs to contest the sprint and decided I had to put this one down to being a ”good workout” rather than anything else. Speed was a bit of a shock to the system ...but in a positive way! Only started doing anything “anaerobic” in last 2-3 weeks and I think that showed! Oh well It’s only March :) .. Rob Gray raced in this as well after winning the Youth race earlier in the day. Don’t think Rob got in the points but certainly looked like one of the class acts in this one as well.