Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 pm
Hi All

Sadly, I can't make Saturday's training ride. That's 3 in a row now!

I have managed to organise a pass out on Sunday and was wondering if anyone knew of any 'training ride' style rides on Sundays? I'm pretty sure Cycleworks go out on Sundays - anyone know what the pace of that's like compared to our Saturday rides?

Cheers for any info.

Martin
by RichardD Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm
Hi Martin,
This Sunday I was planning on riding over toward the Nidderdale road race route to check it out. You are welcome to join me (and anybody else). Probably about 4 hours round trip at a steady pace. Probably head off about 9 ish.
by DamianE Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:50 am
I'm out Sunday too by the looks of it. Would be great to tag along. Shall we set a place/time to meet and give it 5 mins on the day before setting off?
by mart66 Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 pm
Sounds good to me.

The square at 9 or is there somewhere more convenient for you both?
by RichardD Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm
9 am in the square sounds fine. We can go north westish via marton/birstwith and back via pannal/spofforth or the opposite way round. Open to other routes.
by DamianE Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:10 pm
Square @9 it is then. I have no idea where it is or how to get there so I suggest you just tell me 'left/right' as appropriate! :D
by mart66 Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:04 pm
I'm with Damian on this one. Looks like you're road captain, Richard.

There's supposed to be a 20mph wind from the west, so if we could have that behind us on the way back...
by DamianE Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:35 pm
Great day, shame I was too ill to carry on at Borobridge. Crawled home, half expecting you to catch me after Tockwith!
by mart66 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:37 pm
I didn't see you go, Damian.

You missed quite an ordeal up in the hills. The wind was ridiculous.

We did some of the circuit, but lost Andy at some point and decided to double back to try and pick him up. We never found him unfortunately.

We got some payback on the way back though. Sitting behind Richard and Paul as they dragged us down Penny Pot Lane at 30mph was quite nice!

Good riding guys.

Martin
by RichardD Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:51 pm
Got a bit ragged at Darley after 2 hours into that headwind, and then on the exposed sections of the course it was a struggle to stay upright. Self preservation mode set in and we began losing contact with each other. As Martin said we retraced our route to try and find you Andy, but without success. I hope you made it back ok.
Did not manage to do the full nidderdale circuit but half was enough. Any wind will make it tough, but at least the road surface looks good on the sections we visited. 80 tough miles, but a beautiful day, nice scenery and good group riding (apart from losing someone in the middle of nowhere :oops:). Hope you are feeling better soon Damian.