Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Forecast looks perfect for Saturday - dry, with the traditional stiff westerly that makes Bishopwood much harder than it should be! So:- gather as usual 9:00am Exhibition Square; split into two or three groups according to ability (NOTE:- Please be sensible about this. You'll get best value from this working in a group around your own level for the full duration, not struggling for two laps and then getting dropped :roll: ) and then ride out steady to the traditional start/finish area of the Bishopwood circuit. Seven laps = 38 miles which sounds okay for a first session. Summer bikes and absence of mudguards is now officially okay. Am assuming there are enough of you with Garmins for there to be an abundance of lap time information for each group on here afterwards.
by Melly Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm
Cat 4 Carnage for me @ York Sport 2.00 pm for me :x
by PhilBixby Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:53 pm
Still plenty of people in the square this morning despite the lure of early-season points at York Sport. The "Be sensible" sermon had clearly been taken seriously as we set off with ten in the "steadier" group without the need to press-gang anyone! :D An uneventful ride out, a pee stop, a chat, and off for what turned out to be six laps. Our ten diminished for various reasons, Dr.Dave disappearing and reappearing, until it ended up with Tim, Wayne and me doing a gritted-teeth three-up for the final lap. Around 230W and just above or just below 22mph depending on which lap, which felt pretty reasonable given the stiffness of the wind. Nice neat riding by all. Escrick next week?