Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 am
The Met Office really don't seem too sure about Saturday, but it looks like being above freezing, probably not stricken with gales, and either dry or only a bit wet. So, westwards (Bramham, Thorner etc). Two groups at least, best behaviour, chat before departure. Betcha can't wait. :wink:
by PhilBixby Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:18 pm
A big crowd in the square this morning - as indeed you'd hope with blue skies overhead and virtually no wind - and after a brief chat about not riding like plonkers we split into three, vaguely pace-related, rides. I set off with the final steadier group of seven, and nice, tidy riding by all concerned meant we tucked in behind the middle group at the lights in Tadcaster long enough to deploy some sarcasm. The fast boys all pretty much gave up after that - as soon as the our group approached everyone hurled their bikes upside-down onto the verge and stared at their shoes! :wink:

A couple of our number peeled off on the way round so the remainder were instructed to "go like Muzzy" and a nice single line and 20sec turns got us back home swiftly. 215W NP and 19.5mph overall, and plenty of nice steady 23mph+ rolling along towards the end. Thanks to all.

Probably worth noting that almost everyone who has RaceBlades had had the bloomin' things fall apart over the past few weeks - they seem designed to last one winter. I think the time has come to fire up the summer bikes if you fancy, and no complaints about muckspreading. The first races of the season are just around the corner, so you may as well get used to getting covered in crap. Or we may just continue to get glorious weather....
by AndyT Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm
I was one of the mudguard crew-apologies!

All was going well in the 3rd group for me until my 'guards decided to come loose, once repaired I was back with the group but then they broke again on the bridge near Cawood. Decided to just tootle back, but then was caught by Cam & the faster group. Stuck with them for 1 mile and yep, you guessed it, 'guards went again :roll:

Numbers for me:

19.3mph & 193W (224W NP)

Thanks,
Andy
by Dr Dave Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:01 pm
As Phil says, nice sensible riding in the 'slow but sure' group. The absence of big hitters meant that I was almost comfortable for a change but I'm aware that that isn't necessarily a good thing :?
Still, another weekend ride in the bank to draw down on in the summer.

Keep pedalling!
by GrahamMartin Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:34 pm
Wasn't out today, but glad to hear everyone had fun. To add to the comments, my guards are also RaceBlades - and my rear one is back in 3 pieces. Anyone heard what happened on the circuit today?
by timj Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 pm
Middle group for me and after a foggy start over from Easingwold the weather turned out nice in York.So about 8 of us in the group and working well out towards Tad.First and only p........ of the day after a hedge had been cut so not too bad.Then we pass the front group who i think i counted 4 riders with the pumps out so we got off lightly!A tidy ride with the pace fairly high pushing nicely most of the time with everyone together until the last maybe 3 miles or so.Felt nicely tired when i got home with 80+miles so a good morning cheers.