Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 pm
Before we get any further - has someone been to the bridge and confirmed? I wouldn't put it past a North Yorkshire office to have missed the memo on the cancellation.

I realise its a significant effort, but could the race be moved onto the Crayke circuit - a long roll out around the South of the Farlington course, the flag dropping after Stillington. Or head for Brandsby on the chaingang route. The University lot sited their finish at the bottom of the Crayke hill, before the lay-by with the big heap of gravel. I wouldn't suggest sending a vets race up Yearsley! Perhaps a more lumpy circuit than we wanted, but worth a shot? Also, I think it needs only two or three of Rich's crew to marshal it - he might do the emergency paperwork without additional charge.
by Melly Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 pm
Having driven both races for the last 2 years I dont think the "Vets" would have any problem what so ever !!!! but probably too late to move it, dont the police require 30 days notice ?
by nigelt Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:00 pm
Rode over Farlington Bridge today. There are no closure signs on the bridge at all now, and it is very clearly open.

Great news

The races would appear to be on :D :D :D
by nigelt Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:57 pm
Me again :D

I'm still short of a couple of marshals for the BC race- I currently have 3 and have not as yet heard anything from the University about their promised assistance. I have chased them.

We have 60 riders, 6 reserves, 3 NEG outriders, 4 cars, 1st aid vehicle, but not enough people willing to give up 3 hours on a Sunday to help out with keeping our riders safe.

If I can't guarantee enough marshals by this weekend I will have to pull the plug.

Please help if you can.

Thanks

Nigel
by PhilBixby Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:55 pm
Not sure who you've got signed up already but please can all the Clifton riders who are doing the vets race (who haven't already done so) give some thought to marshalling in the afternoon. Thank you! :shock:
by JohnS Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:54 pm
Nigel

I'll be available to help out. Planning to ride the Vets race in the morning (entry on its way Phil honest). I think your okay for drivers but more than happy to drive if you need (BC licence) or marshal where you need.

John
by nigelt Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:44 am
Thanks Andy and John. Andy, I don't want you to cancel your ride, but thanks for the offer. There must be enough people that you shouldn't need to do that.

Re Leafleting- Phil did the Stillington side last night, I will do Sheriff on Sunday, so thanks for the offers Andy and Melly, but there's no need for you to have to drive over to do this.

For the race I now have-

Drivers-
Melly
Dave C
Andy Tannahill
Fraz

Sign on-
Me
Dr Dave

Finish Line-
Me
Dr Dave
Graham M (lap board?)
Phil B (King of the video camera)

Marshalls-
Tim J
Craig
John Mc
John S
Neil H's volunteers (still negotiating)

If I don't hear from Neil I'm still a couple of marshals short.

Come on folks, last gasp- please help if you can

Regards

Nigel
by Melly Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:32 pm
Ok nigelt, if your sure you dont need help, im going to go to the Malton Festival of Cycling and watch the racing with Sarah.

Cheers Melly
by timj Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:05 pm
Just a question.Has anyone noticed that the road through Stillington has signs saying surfacing work to start today.If it is anything like in Sutton u will not be able to ride on it.(chippings )Ignore this if sorted :D