Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:27 pm
I could marshal by the chip shop in Stillington, and then hot-foot it up to the finish to help out if so desired. Could we stick a call for marshals in the weekly email? Weather permitting, its a great way to see a race unfold in the countryside.
by PhilBixby Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:45 pm
"Any news on the Farlington bridge closure, Nigel/Phil?"

No longer any threat of road works - many thanks to Rich H for sorting it. However, Rich has commented that the bridge and the corner which follows it are a touch exciting and could do with either a couple of marshals or Traffic Management - the latter would add to the costs but reduce the extra body requirement to one.
by nigelt Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 am
Thanks Graham, I was hoping to put you in charge of the lap board. If you'd rather stand outside the Chippy, however, that won't be a problem, I can maybe ask Dr Dave to mind the lap board...
by nigelt Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:05 am
Thanks for the additional offers, the latest update is:

Drivers-
Melly
Dave C
Andy Tannahill
Fraz
Please let me have your reg no, BC membership no and date of birth for the insurance forms

Sign on-
Me
Dr Dave

Finish Line-
Me
Dr Dave
Graham M (lap board?)

Marshalls-
Tim J
Craig
Neil H's volunteers (still negotiating)

Please keep the offers coming in, we're nearly there...
by nigelt Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 pm
And one more- almost there!

Drivers-
Melly
Dave C
Andy Tannahill
Fraz
Please let me have your reg no, BC membership no and date of birth for the insurance forms

Sign on-
Me
Dr Dave

Finish Line-
Me
Dr Dave
Graham M (lap board?)

Marshalls-
Tim J
Craig
John Mc
Neil H's volunteers (still negotiating)

Please keep the offers coming in, we're nearly there...
by nigelt Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:30 pm
Last push folks. I'm still short of a couple of marshals. The bridge at Farlington has been highlighted as a risk by the commissaires, so it would be good to have someone to warn oncoming traffic as the bunch approaches.

Please help if you can, this is an important race for us and to have to cancel for lack of one or two more people would be a shame...
by nigelt Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:05 pm
Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!! :shock:

I've emailed Rich H who had spoken with the Council previously to find out who he spoke with. Once I have an update I'll let everyone know what's happening.