Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by nigelt Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:15 pm
Thought I'd get in nice and early with this one, especially as the entries are already rolling in :D .

There has been a suggestion that we do a mail drop a week or so before the event letting locals in Sheriff and Stillington know about the potential for some disruption on the day- Is anyone willing to assist with this? I can provide transport and 2 people shoving leaflets through doors is quicker than one?

For the day I will need the following volunteers to help the day run smoothly:

Early morning- I will be out before the LVRC race, probably around 8.30am putting out the signs around the course. If there is someone who wishes to join me they would be welcome

I could do with 2 people to look after the signing on- I will also be there but from what Phil has said I'll probably be spending most of my time fielding enquiries from the irate parents of ambitious junior riders who haven't got an entry!

4 Drivers (BC Membership and car details needed) for which each driver will receive the princely sum of £20

6 Marshalls to work with Rich H's gang at the junctions on the course, and a couple of other hazardous points as follows-

Sheriff Hutton Roundabout,
Farlington by the bridge,
Stillington at the left turn from the Farlington Road
Stillington at the left turn towards Sutton,
Sutton Road / Moxby Lane Junction, and
Moxby Lane / Sheriff Hutton Road.

As many helpers who can judge at the finish line as are available (I will be there but need at least 2 more people)

So in total that will be around a dozen people on the day. This may seem like a lot of volunteers but we need to make sure the course is safe and all I ask is for you to give up a couple of hours for one Sunday afternoon.

Please let me know if you will be available to help out with any of these jobs and I'll put you on the list.

(I haven't mentioned anything about the catering support etc. at the village hall as I'm hoping Phil will have this in hand as he always does.) :?

Thanks in anticipation

Nigel
by Melly Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:17 pm
Nigel, im available to drive in both races and can help with the signage in the morning, done both for the last 2 years for and with Phil B will also help you when you want to deliver leaflets etc

Cheers Simon
by nigelt Wed May 21, 2014 3:32 pm
I'm bumping this back up as the race is now only 5 weeks away!

As long as the circuit is open (see comments on the general discussion board) I currently only have 2 drivers volunteered for this, and no takers for marshalling. Neil H from the Uni has promised a couple of marshalls, as we helped out at the Uni champs last weekend, but I still need help.

Please can I ask for any more volunteers- I need two additional drivers, plus marshalls as outlined previously.

Any assistance will be very welcome.

We are currently up to around 50 applicants for the BC race and it would be a shame (more like an embarrassment) if I were to have to cancel.

So please, put your hands up to help out.

Hope to see you on the day

Regards

Nigel
by PhilBixby Thu May 22, 2014 12:37 pm
Oooooer - only five weeks? Nigel's got me worried now!

In addition to Nigel's requirements for helpers at the afternoon BC race, I'll be needing some support for the morning LVRC (vets) race too. Race starts at 10:00, should be finished by very shortly after 12:00.

We will need:-

4 drivers (with cars) - don't need to be BC (or LVRC) members
6 marshals - for the Traffic Management junctions plus a couple of other potentially exciting spots

I should be able to sort out a signing-on team (I have a daughter; I know where she lives), and Cath M has once again stepped up to run the catering operation - she'd really, really appreciate some help with this though. Proceeds go to charity (usually the air ambulance) so you're helping not just one, but two good causes!

I'd be really grateful if all the Clifton riders doing the afternoon BC race could help out with the morning one - (and I'm sure Nigel would appreciate the reverse arrangement). Beyond that - come on folks, turn up and enjoy. Helping at these events is usually fun, and with vets racing you have the added thrill of seeing seventy-somethings hammering around at ridiculous speeds with a number on their back. It is, frankly, good for the soul. Form an orderly queue, please - post on here or email me if you can take on a job. :D
by paulM Thu May 22, 2014 10:23 pm
I'm still to enter either and I'm pretty confident I'm going to be at the event all day. I would probably have a preference to ride the BC race and have driven in the vets race previous years but I'm not fussed which I ride tbh. So let me know where I might best be used and I'll enter the other and make myself available?

Paul
by GrahamMartin Tue May 27, 2014 5:55 pm
Apparently, having marked my diary for helping out, I forgot to actually volunteer. Ooops. Basically, if I have a ride out of York, I'll do both races and if I have to pedal, I'll do the BC in the afternoon. Can be deployed as needed, other than driving. How short are we? Have we decided not to advertise in the weekly newsletter?
by nigelt Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 am
For the BC Race so far I have-

Leaflet Drop- the weekend before- Me, Melly and Andy M (so that's sorted- i'll be in touch about arrangements shortly)

Graham- I can run you out from York in the morning and bring you back, so you should be able to assist with the Vets race as well.

Drivers-
Melly
Dave C
Andy Tannahill
Fraz
Please let me have your reg no, BC membership no and date of birth for the insurance forms

Sign on-
Me
Dr Dave

Finish Line-
Me
Dr Dave
Graham M

Marshalls-
Tim J
Neil H has promised some marshals as we provided drivers for him, but I'm not sure how many

So I still need Marshalls- looking at the requirements, even with Community TM doing their thing I still need at least 4 more marshalls to make the day run smoothly. Please give up your time for this event- it's a good circuit and should be a great race, but without sufficient support it won't be going ahead.

If I've missed anyone who's offered, I apologise, just give me a prod to remind me of your offer. Thanks to those who've offered so far, it's very much appreciated.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Nigel