Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:49 pm
Hi folks,

I've earmarked a few earlier season races, but wondered if someone in the know could give me some info on the circuits... don't really want to be entering flat races.

One is the BBM Revolution race at Pollington, and the other the Harrogate Nova race at Darley.

by AndyM Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:20 pm
That's a decent that isn't it! Would suit you down to the ground Pete, give it a go :)
by Cam B Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:56 pm
AndyM wrote:Hi folks,

I've earmarked a few earlier season races, but wondered if someone in the know could give me some info on the circuits... don't really want to be entering flat races.

One is the BBM Revolution race at Pollington, and the other the Harrogate Nova race at Darley.

Hi Andy....Richard D and I did the BBM Rev. race last season. Haven't got a Garmin download to send you but definitely comes in the "flat" category...Saying that...a very tough race last year owing to it being v. cold. Had to give myself a 'talking to' just to drag myself out of the car before the race even started! Also v. windy on the day and an exposed course made it a hard race... for me anyway :) .
by RichardD Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:52 pm
Hi Andy,
The Pollington course is pan flat and almost a perfect rectangle. As Cam indicates it is quite exposed and one for the strong men. I have not ridden the Harrogate Nova course but it looks a good one from the Garmin file, with what looks like a decent descent and long climb. Will probably enter the latter. Might be worth riding over there one Sunday if anyone fancies it?
by AndyM Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:49 pm
Hi Richard and Cam,

Thanks for the insight, think I might give the BBM race a miss then! Will definitely ride over to the Harrogate Nova course with you sometime though Richard, would be good to check it out!