Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:07 pm
Thanks for the ride - and especially to Phil, who's definition of 'Steady' seems to roughly match my current fitness levels. Felt uncomfortable just enough of the time to worthwhile, but only at the end did I start to get tailed off. My couple of 'offs' during the winter don't seem to be affecting my corners too much, but they need to get faster and tidier before the season. Now to increase the time I spend on the front!
by nigelt Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:11 pm
Couldn't make today's training ride due to family funeral duties :(

In respect of the road race route, Phil had offered up various routes but, for the reasons outlined by Phil I opted for the route chosen. Whilst I accept that Bulmer is more likely to produce a more 'exciting' race with the likelihood of a few strong climbers getting and staying away, the road race is, for me, about encouraging everyone to have a go. Some will see the chosen circuit as too easy, others will still find the lumps hard work at race pace. In my view we have to try the circuit and see how it goes. It has for me enough variety and undulation to provide scope for some decent attacking riding (especially as the finish is near the top of the drag out of Sheriff so scope some final lap attacks). Let's see how it goes- if it turns out to be too flat and boring we can always go somewhere else next time!
by mart66 Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:17 pm
Tough ride for me with the brisker group. Cam and Rich D looking as strong as ever. My Garmin was a acting a bit strange but average seemed to be just under 19mph.

Did a partial lap of the new circuit; looks pretty good to me. There's the tough drag into Sheriff but also quite a tough little kick before Farlington which might break things up. Through Farlington is a bit tight, but I think Stillington is wide and safe enough. Bit of a concern about the two left turns before Stillington. The first one being fast as it's at the bottom of a downhill and the second one, before the bridge, being a bit tight.

Should be ok though I think.

Cheers

Martin
by timj Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:34 pm
Saw the first group out on the road yesterday .I think spring classics came to mind!!! Chapeau