Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Melly Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:50 pm
Interesting to see that Team Sky are now using the Stages Power Meter system http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12954567

PS dont believe some of the dross written about this product across 7 pages from
people who obviously dont own one and have never even tried it !!!!
by AndyT Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:21 pm
Interesting move by SKY. I'm sure it's motivated by £££ to some degree, but I would doubt they would use a "inferior" product just get save money.

I've used mine for 2 x training rides alongside Phil's SRM. Last week I had exactly the power output for the ride, this week it's been within 5W. Admittedly it's 2 different people with different techniques, but it does show that it's not vastly + or - of where it should be.

For the money (£100 off from Ratrace @ Clifton Moor btw), I think it's a decent buy.
by MikeG Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:12 pm
Is that the Ultegra one with the Ratrace members discount of 15% Andy?
by AndyT Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm
MikeG wrote:Is that the Ultegra one with the Ratrace members discount of 15% Andy?

That's the one
by MikeG Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:43 pm
Good deal, thanks for sharing :)
by Melly Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:03 pm
I bought the 1st one they sold about 3 months ago with 15% off and have never been a Rat Race member, spent many many hours researching and comparing, never imagined they would end up on the 65.1's but if you reckon on an article I read that Sky had 130 garmin head units painted up in Stages logos that's some a considerable outlay in SRM money, never mind the hassle of ongoing service/battery/recalibration. :D