Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 am
Hi Folks

Last chance to ride cyclo cross at York Sport Village this Wednesday Cyclo X and MTB's welcome

18:45 Under 10/12 race duration approx. 10 mins
19:00 Under 14 & 16 Youth race duration 30 mins
19:45 Senior, Junior, Women, Veterans race duration 50 mins

Anyone can enter Non British Cycling members day license £2.00

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... oss-Part-3

A J
by nigelt Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 am
Not a bad turnout last night- 48 of us on the start line for an extremely wet final race. The already waterlogged course seemed to gather standing water with every lap! Huge Cycleworks turnout but not so many Clifton Jerseys in evidence (although i was riding for Crafton CC according to the results?). It was good to see DaveC racing last night.

The first couple of corners were interesting with bikes sliding all over as everyone fought for position and traction, but after that the race settled down a bit and the course, despite the thick mud, was pretty grippy.

My 'carrot' for the last two laps turned out to be another Clifton rider- Brandon Stock who rode a good race and was too strong for me to catch despite my best efforts. Despite chasing for 2 laps I didn't realise I was chasing a Clifton Jersey until the finish as there was so much mud!

I finished halfway down the field at the end having had a hard 45 minutes' racing. Tired, muddy but with a big grin on my face (probably showing off all the grit between my teeth!)

Thanks to Andy J for putting this series on, it's been a real success and will hopefully be repeated next winter?
by dave c Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 pm
First time doing this event and really enjoyed it, great fun. Thanks Nige. Good to see and get support from Ian, Dave and Deb as well.

Cheers Dave