Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:03 am
Assuming we're all full of excess calories (and probably still taking on more), we'd better get out on Saturday. Forecast looks pretty chilly although hopefully above freezing, so I'd suggest we go north - easy to tailor the route to suit road conditions on the day. 9:00am in the square, and there will be two groups. Happy Boxing Day!
by nigelt Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 pm
Hope to be out. I will be bringing two bikes, one for me, one for my newly formed Xmas gut!

See you in the square :D
by PhilBixby Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:59 pm
Once again good numbers in the square, with a majority remaining for the "steadier" ride as the "brisker" bunch of ten or so headed off. :shock: It was pretty chilly, but blue skies throughout and a fresh south-westerly, which meant we fair flew up the A168 in surprisingly tidy fashion for such a sizeable group. Onwards with a more challenging mix of headwind/crosswind, shedding a few people to various shortcuts, before passing the "brisker" group having another little lie-down next to the Flat Ten circuit. Good neat not-hanging-around riding from all. 205W and bang on 20mph for the out-of-town two hours forty-five. Happy New Year!
by Sharpy Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 pm
8 in the "brisker" group, pace was noticeably steadier certainly for the 1st hour, my HR was hardly over 100bpm for the first part of the ride, which given the lack of power metre how i measure my effort, if I am honest I would say a shade slow even for this time of year. Seemed to get it sorted a bit on the way back into York despite the headwind we were pushing better speeds. Good solid social ride though. :wink:

I have it at 19.9mph for the out of town bit, thus demonstrating it was probably a bit slow, but 90miles in total, and some intervals and sprints on the way home meant that when i rolled on to my drive I was pretty tired.

Possibly just need to push on a bit more at the start, seems to be a comment I hear a lot about the first 60mins being a tad steady, not sure why!?

Wonder what the others think?