Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by nigelt Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm
Lots of Clifton jerseys in evidence today in all categories of racing. I raced in the vets 40-49 category (just!) along with John S. A great race on a tough circuit which got more and more chewed up as the races progressed. No idea where I finished but I met my targets for my first CX race in that I wasn't last (by any means) and only got lapped right at the end.

John was a good half lap in front of me by halfway through the race so I've no idea how he got on, hopefully John will post his update on here. It would also be nice to see posts from the Juniors and Female Clifton riders who took part as well...

I really enjoyed the race and the shouts of encouragement from all of the crowd were very welcome. If anyone is thinking of having a go, especially with the upcoming evening floodlit races, my advice would be to do it, it's a great experience- hard work but good fun :D

Speaking of hard work, I've no power gadgets but as an indication of the intensity my average HR for the 45 min race was 170bpm. My max is only 184!!!
by ChrisC Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 am
What a great event. I just managed to meet my race goal of not coming last with a most glorious 2nd to last place! I almost reached the dizzy heights of third to last place but I dropped my chain on the second lap which lost me a great deal of time. I then engaged my nemesis for the day in a epic slow motion battle in which we swapped places many times. That was the most tired I have been after an hours bike ride.
by like my bike Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 am
Congratulations for the two Clifton CC Youth riders in the under 8 and under 14 races that got on the podium on Sunday. And a big well done to all those that took part and made the racing so exciting over 400 cyclo cross riders from Under 8's to over 50's took part in a great day of racing.

More races to follow

Floodlit evening races Wednesday's 11th - 18th and January 8th

Event Format
6.45 U12's 10 minutes £1.00

7.00 Youth 30 minutes £5.00

7.45 Open Senior/Junior/Veterans/Women 50 minutes £13.00

Full day of racing on Sunday 5th January from 10.00

All at York Sport Village, Cycle Circuit situated behind Grimston Bar

A J
by nigelt Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 am
Another great race at Yorksport last night with over 50 starters despite the weather. Very hard going which got steadily harder, especially when the wind got up and drove rain horizontally into our faces on the straight at the back of the all-weather pitches! I had a good race (for me) finishing about halfway down the field. It was good to see Sharpy having a go at his first race and some other Clifton jerseys in the mix. Lots of other York faces there last night as well which added to the great amosphere. Back for more at the start of Jan :D :D :D