Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm
Following on from Tim's original nudge and John's use of the word "curry" (and a bit of shuttling of ideas/dates on the "training rides" thread below) we've settled on an evening to review the past season, plan the winter training and talk about events next year and who will be involved with them. Thursday October 10th, gather in Brigantes from 7pm onwards for beer, head across the road at around 8:30 for curry. Anyone who's interested in racing next year, and/or organising/helping at races, including stuff at the new circuit - come along!

To get an idea of numbers (so I can pre-warn the lads to push a few tables together if there's a big crowd) please post on here. No need to repeat yourself if you've already done so on the training rides thread!
by like my bike Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:40 am
I will be there for beer 7.30 ish

A J
by timj Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:06 pm
Will be there Phil but can only make the pub bit cheers

by AndyM Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm
I'll be there!

by dave c Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:36 pm
I'll be there

by PhilBixby Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 am
Final reminder for this evening. Beer! Curry! Chat!

by PhilBixby Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:02 am
A good session last night with over a dozen in the pub and a hardcore sub-group crossing the road for curry. Lots of chat, none of it particularly structured, but lots of enthusiasm after a really good season for the club. In no particular order, we kind of decided:-

-Training rides re-commence on Saturday 2nd November.
-General plan will be to do a faster and a steadier group to cope with spread of abilities and we'll be a bit more brutal about ensuring people go in the most appropriate group
-Riders who simply want a fast ride (rather than a group training ride) will be directed to the 08:45 ride
-We'll do the easterly route more often to bring some hillier training, but with emphasis on this being a group ride - steady on hills, faster on the flats.
-A simple manifesto will be put on the discussion board setting out how the training rides work, and anyone who turns up will be assumed to have agreed to this - AndyC will draft this and if everyone who was there can ensure I have his/her email address I will circulate this for comment/input.
-As per previous discussions, we're happy to run two events as part of the NYERRL, and will approach a local club about picking up two more events to stretch the series to eight. Probably Selby, possibly Harrogate Nova.
-We were happy to look at running a women's RR event. Possibly either an early evening event prior to the 4ths-only opening evening event (possible issues with riders travelling in from distance and timing) or look at doing a Sunday event paired up with the LVRC race, and then running the BC RR as a two-stage event as has been done in the past. Suggestions / offers of help welcomed - we could do with thinking about this as dates will need to be settled (and with the TdF next year the calendar will be crowded).

We also talked a bit about what had made the difference for those riders who had had success this year - the words "turbo" and "plan" featured a lot.

If I missed anything please post!