Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by timj Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 pm
As next weekend is the last race for me and probably most of the race group i did not know if Sat week we could all do a last ride before the break and have a laugh.What do people think.?cheers

by RichardD Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 am
Would be up for this but unfortunately not available for the next two saturdays

by JohnS Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:42 pm
Tim,

I'm up for that, although having a laugh on the training ride will be a new experience (I've usually resorted to tears before the end :D ). Hopefully, with the end of the season might ease off for a few weeks (although I've got cross to look forward to now!)

Thought it might also be a nice idea to try and organise an end of season get together one night, for maybe a couple of beers and a curry. Review the season, think about winter training :shock: and maybe make some plans for next year.

We've had lots of people pulling on a Clifton jersey to race this year and thought it would be good to recognise and celebrate this!

Anyway please all reply if you think its a good idea and something you would potentially like to be involved with.

Best regards

John

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:16 am
Was going to suggest a Thursday night "where do we go from here" session to look at (i) quick review of the season, (ii) winter training and the Saturday rides, (iii) next year's Clifton-run events and who's organising them. Could meet at Brigantes and head over the road for a curry if that's a popular route?

by nigelt Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 pm
Whatever is decided, I'm up for it! Thursday nights are generally good for me as long as I'm in the UK!

by mart66 Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm
Should be able to make Brigantes for a half of whichever strong Belgian ale they currently have on tap. May have to skip the curry though.

Martin

by JohnS Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm
I'm in.

John

by Melly Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:52 pm
Thursday good for me :-)

by RichT Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:57 pm
Count me in!

by PhilBixby Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 am
Okay, just to get a date in everyone's diaries, how does next Thursday 27th Sept sound? 7pm onwards in Brigantes, 8:30 over the road for curry?

by Cam B Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 am
Can do that...Thursday is the 26th though

by nigelt Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 am
Sorry can't make next Thursday, I'm away till the 27th :(

by RichardD Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am
Cannot make next thursday, but any after are fine with me. Do not worry about accommodating me if next thursday is best.

by PhilBixby Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:24 am
Okay... ...how about Thursday 10th October?

by Cam B Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:39 am
ok for me