Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 am
Just a quick reminder for anyone thinking of coming down to the training sessions at York Sport Village, the first session is next Thursday starting at 7.30 see you down at the cycle circuit. You don't need to be a member to take part.

A J
by like my bike Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm
Thanks to everyone that came along to the first chain gang session at the circuit last night 20+ senior riders enjoying the smooth, flowing flood lit surface at York Sport. Hope you all enjoyed it, any feedback welcome.

Hope to see you next week...

Andy

A J

by smiffy Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 pm
Hi Andy
just a quick thanks for last night.I really enjoyed the session even though i struggled a bit.I found it a bit quick at times but i suppose thats down to inexperience/lack of fitness.Thanks for the tow round at the end..Will be back next week :)

by alanbacon Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:14 pm
Hi Andy

I thought it was great actually. Made a refreshing change not having to constantly scan the road surface for potholes or listen out for motorists bent on wiping out cyclists. You could actually just concentrate on riding !!

Lovely grippy smooth surface.

Jamie
by like my bike Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:56 am
Everyone welcome to the York Sport, chaingang session tonight, we start at 7.30 prompt, please sign on in the cabin all done by 9.00 £4.00.

General format

10 Minute warm up

Form 3 groups (riders can move groups during the session)

Throu & off

Keep in tidy & relaxed

Overtaking on the outside

Be sociable & enjoy

See you tonight...

A J

by nigelt Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am
Can I just promote this for any of the regular training / racing gang. I went along for the first time last night and despite the freezing temperatures really enjoyed it. Whether you just want to get in a solid 90 minutes of steady group riding (one group was lapping at a steady 33kph for the whole evening) or work a bit harder (Alistair Kay was pushing a smaller group around at about 40kph) it's perfect- no traffic, no need for lights and no pressure.

I treated it as a sociable alternative to the turbo- alternating harder intervals with the faster group with steady laps with the other group.

Despite the freezing temps the surface was grippy and the banter was good. The best £4 I've spent in a while, plus a good 2 hour ride midweek which for many of us is difficult to achieve without being sat on the turbo.

I'll definitely be back for more...

by AlastairKay Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:07 pm
Just to second that; an excellent facility to use - despite Ice having formed in the bottles and it reading -3.8 as I arrived home! (The circuit does seem to drain well, so there was no moisture to freeze last night - this evening's weather looks less user friendly).

Plenty of space and a good turnout mean that it's possible to vary your effort, and choose groups depending on how much shelter / effort you desire / require.

The corners are short enough that even someone focussing on time trials would be able to keep a consistent enough metabolic effort to get a good session in.

by Chalkie Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:40 pm
heading down to the track tonight is it all on? :?

by AndyT Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:29 pm
Chalkie wrote:heading down to the track tonight is it all on? :?

Can't see why not.
by like my bike Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:26 am
Another great nights training, 5 degrees so warm compared to Tuesday, the surface was damp from the days rain but is still super grippy, trust your tyres! 28 riders spread over 3 groups all riding throu & off. My group showed great pace control and some tidy riding. See you next week. :)

A J