Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm
Bin the turbo - wrap up a ride

From November there will be twice weekly training nights at York Sport Cycling, every Tuesday and Thursday evening starting Thursday 7th November 7.30 - 9.00 structure training.

If your thinking of coming along post here...

A J

by PeteP Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 pm
I should be along to this,

Anything to get away from staring @ four walls on the Turbo :roll:

by Dr Dave Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 pm
Would like to get along to a few sessions

by Cyan Skymoos Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:35 pm
Any idea on cost Andy?

and structured? Can someone come along and just have a steady 90 minute ride.
by like my bike Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:20 pm
Great value £4.00 and yes you can ride!

A J

by Paul W Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:27 pm
Count me in. :)

by Steve A Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:35 am
Sounds like just the thing to fill those Thursday evenings, now that the TT season is over.

by MikeR Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am
Sounds like an excellent alternative to the turbo...

Are there any plans for "friendly" races at the York Sport track? My old club, Lincoln Velo, used to run a club criterium race every week, scratch and handicap, which was an excellent way to train/get into racing and meet everyone in the club?

by nigelt Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:28 am
I'd be up for this on a Thursday (can't do Tuesdays). Got to be better than the turbo! :D

by PhilBixby Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 am
Well.... ....that depends on what you're doing on the turbo and what you mean by "better"! :wink:

by nigelt Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:52 pm
Haha! Fair point Phil :D

I have to say I quite fancy an evening of intervals on the track. After Mon Tues Weds on turbo / rollers a fresh air session appeals. Plus it'll give me a reason to get back early on a Thursday :wink:

by the robster Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 pm
Count me in! Instead of the £4 per session is this covered by the membership to the circuit?

Additionally, my other half is getting into cycling and would like to try her hand at some chain gangs/training sessions. Will there be any sessions suitable for beginners/newbies?

by the robster Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Count me in! Instead of the £4 per session is this covered by the membership to the circuit?

Additionally, my other half is getting into cycling and would like to try her hand at some chain gangs/training sessions. Will there be any sessions suitable for beginners/newbies?

by mart66 Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 am
Sounds good.

Is there going to be a winter series of races?

Cheers

Martin
by Chalkie Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:26 pm
like my bike wrote:Bin the turbo - wrap up a ride

From November there will be twice weekly training nights at York Sport Cycling, every Tuesday and Thursday evening starting Thursday 7th November 7.30 - 9.00 structure training.

If your thinking of coming along post here...

Yes will be up for this!